Job #: 15233
Title: Sr. Security Engineer
Job Location: San Diego, California - United States
Salary: $110,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 401(k) match
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are seeking a Sr. Security Engineer to join our customer`s strong tight-knit team working in a collaborative environment to create mobile health and wellness products and services. This is a team that is constantly looking for ways to improve our development operations through people, process, and technology. The team also fosters a culture of innovation and encourages everyone to contribute through new ideas and insights. This is a direct hire position with a growing wireless healthcare company in San Diego, Calif.
As a Sr. Security Engineer, you will be responsible for playing a key role in protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all our clients data, information, intellectual property, and employee data that has been entrusted to their organization. Working closely with various IT Operations and Development teams, you will lead and participate in major day-to-day operational aspects of the security engineering team including improvement of current security controls while constantly identifying areas of needed improvement.
- Implements and configures IDS and related enterprise security systems to help the organization better identify intrusions, attacks, vulnerabilities and recommends appropriate course of action
- Maintains an expert-level knowledge of the daily security landscape and serves as a security advisor to the company as a whole
- Responsible for independent and team-based security audits of all security policies, procedures, and protocols with an emphasis on consistent improvement of controls
- Maintains, establishes, and improves risk assessment, application assessment, and secure coding processes.
- Interacts with multiple IT functions and departments to identify areas of risk and solutions for improvement including applications development, infrastructure, and systems management
- Serves as an escalation point for all security incidents reported by users and/or security tools and drives resolution efforts
- Regularly tests and audits systems within the IT Infrastructure for vulnerabilities and misconfigurations
- Advises IT Operations and Development teams on secure configuration, installation, maintenance, and upgrades of infrastructure and applications as well as evaluation of new products as it relates to security
- Creates, provides, and improves upon documentation and training to internal departments to facilitate secure day-to-day operations
- Plays key role in establishing and maintaining compliance programs as needed (PCI, HIPAA, HITRUST, etc.)
Education: Bachelor`s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience of enterprise level application security maintenance and implementation required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in application, server and data storage technologies required
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Linux operating systems required
- Minimum 5 years of experience implementing and assessing Industry Security Standards including: HIPAA HITECH, HITRUST, FISMA, IS027K, PCI, NIST, etc required
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Cloud-based technologies required
- Prior experience auditing PCI DSS and HIPAA controls and requirements in an enterprise environment required
- Prior experience securing Cisco and Juniper firewalls, switches, routers, and wireless devices required
- Strong Experience with Penetration Testing and Malware Reverse Engineering preferred
- Expert level knowledge of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Strong proficiency in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, PowerShell, etc.) is required
- Domain expertise in at least one of: malware analysis, threat detection, forensics, penetration testing, incident response, secure software development, threat intelligence, or other related endeavors
- Strong understanding of security within cloud infrastructure environments with a preference of AWS.
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages, databases, infrastructure and related technologies
- Demonstrated ability to secure Microsoft Operating systems (Windows 7, 8, 2008, 2012, 2016), Mac, and Linux operating systems (Ubuntu/Centos/RedHat)
- Ability to independently identify and assess current threat landscape and adapt security controls to keep the organization protected.
- Demonstrated experience leading Application, Mobile, and IoT Security initiatives is a big plus
Applicants must be authorized to work for any U.S. employer. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Staff Smart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: