Job #: 15327
Title: Senior Accountant
Job Location: Lancaster, South Carolina - United States
Salary: $65,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for a Sr. Accountant who will support accounting and finance operations of the various entities. The Senior Accountant will work with the members of the Accounting/Finance staff and report to Accounting Manager, located in South Carolina. JOB DESCRIPTION
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining the general ledger for the company and related entities.
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Conducting and reconciling physical inventories of raw materials and work-in-process for manufacturing operations.
- Accounting for fixed assets.
- Preparing Inter-Company billings
- Developing customized management reports to measure customer and/or product profitability on support of sales and marketing
- Maintaining the accounting for Co-Op and rebate programs
- Assisting management with special projects.
- Conducting and reconciling physical inventories of veterinary finished goods in South Carolina coordinate physical inventories of consumer products finished goods in Maryland.
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required in meeting company objectives.
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the organization and function within a team environment.
This position is required to support manufacturing, sales and marketing organizations, located in South Carolina. QUALIFICATIONS
Duties related to the manufacturing operations include:
1) conducting and reconciling physical inventories of raw materials and work-in-process;
2) preparing raw material roll forwards;
3) accounting for fixed assets;
4) preparing Inter-Company billings;
5) preparing periodic (i.e., monthly) yield analyses; and
6) generating journal entries.
Duties related to the sales and marketing operations include:
1) developing customized management reports to measure customer and/or product profitability;
2) maintaining the accounting for veterinary Co-Op and rebate programs; and
3) assisting management with special projects.
In addition to the duties/responsibilities listed above, this individual will also conduct and reconcile physical inventories of veterinary finished goods in South Carolina and assist management with other projects on an as needed basis.
This position will play a key role in establishing an accounting presence in South Carolina.
Minimum Requirements: Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications. Working knowledge of Quickbooks software. Must be a team player and have a strong desire to learn and work independently.
Education and Experience: The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience in accounting, preferably in a manufacturing and/or distribution environment. Some public accounting experience is preferred. A bachelor`s degree in Accounting is required. This job requires excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. The candidate must be a team player and have a strong desire to learn and work independently.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position will not initially have any direct reports but will have supervisory responsibility for certain projects.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: