Job #: 15328
Title: Crude Pipeline Operations Tech - Watford City, ND
Job Location: Watford City, North Dakota - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Medical Plan & Prescription Drug Coverage? Vision Coverage Dental Coverage? Flexible Spending Accounts? Life Insurance Coverage? Disability Coverage 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan; (Contributes 3% of your pay into the plan, regardless of employee participation. Will match employee contributions dollar for dollar up to 5%)
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Client willing to recruit nationwide but does not pay relocation expenses for this position.
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Crude Pipeline Operations Tech - Watford City, ND
Great Benefits, Long Term Employment and Career Opportunities!
Our client is looking for qualified personnel who are interested in a long term career oppportunities. They are a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. The company has a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets, making them an excellent choice for exciting career opportunities. They offer a great benefit package, long term employment and career opportunties. This position is located in Watford City, North Dakota, a small community that is the epicenter of the state`s energy boom.
- Medical Plan & Prescription Drug Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan; (Contributes 3% of your pay into the plan, regardless of employee participation. Will match employee contributions dollar for dollar up to 5%)
The Crude Pipeline Operations Technician safely and efficiently operates crude oil measurement, custody transfer, tank gauging and meter proving as directed by his/her Field Supervisor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Take oil samples and perform routine grind outs to measure sediment and water content and determine quality
- Perform tank gauging to measure tank contents and account for product stored and product moved into and out of tanks
- Prepare custody transfer tickets, manage tickets and perform month-end closing
- Hand gauging field tanks accurately and purchasing lease crude with field custody transfer tickets
- Communicate with field pumpers assigned to third party production companies
- Perform routine field LACT (Lease Automatic Custody Transfer) equipment checks
- Responsible for daily one calls, pipeline crossings and right of way work
- Perform routine daily maintenance tasks, such as running pipeline scrapers
- Regular and reliable attendance is required
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
Education & License:
- Maintain a valid drivers license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Associate`s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and/or training (preferred)
- Minimum 1-3 years of work related experience
- Must have, or be able to acquire, Operator Qualification (OQ) Certification for valve and pump station maintenance and repair per DOT requirements for pipeline operators
- Must have or be able to acquire a Commercial Drivers License with a clean driving record
- Must have or become trained in OSHAs Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Standard and be able to perform spill response duties, if required
- Previous petroleum industry or oil field experience is strongly desired
- Ability to perform routine and corrective maintenance on pipeline valves and pump station equipment.
- Must have a mechanical aptitude
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors
- An organized and detail-oriented self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work self-sufficiently given direction and resources
- Well-grounded, preferring to work in a collegial and team environment
- Ability to think critically, solve problems independently and exercise excellent judgment and common sense
High School/Secondary School
How to Apply: