Job #: 15355
Title: Senior Commercial Finance Manager
Job Location: San Diego, California - United States
Salary: $140,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Commercial Finance Sr. Manager will enable the Commercial function by working closely with the Regional Sales organization to track and evaluate the effectiveness of pricing, discounting, and commercial A&P spending while gaining a greater understanding of variance drivers, with a focus on driving improved profitability. The Commercial Finance Manager will educate the sales teams on the benefits of focusing on profitability and value over volume. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Research, analyze and monitor Market depletion and size mix trends, financial rate per case trends and variances to prior year and budget on a monthly basis in order to identify risks and opportunities, and proactively provide recommendations to management to improve mix and profitability.
- Prepare market specific analysis and recommendations in support of improved profitability, utilizing competitive industry information.
- Consolidate and submit market and regional data as required to support the company Budget Planning and forecasting processes.
- Design and develop processes and procedures, tools, resources and ways of working to implement and lead the Commercial Finance function.
- Provide analytic support to the General Sales Manager West, General Sales Manager On-Premise, and field sales to maximize profitable sales and assess the efficiency and effectiveness of deferred discount programs from design to execution; ensure programs are consistent with overall brand pricing strategy and budget allocation.
- Provide analytic support to determine the feasibility, financial return on investment, estimated spend and forecasted goals (target KPI`s) for Market Commercial A&P programs.
- Supports the General Sales Manager West and General Sales Manager On-Premise, under the direction of the Sales & Marketing Finance Director, during the budgeting and forecasting process in order to build Market Commercial A&P budget proposals / inputs, ensuring the outcomes are consistent with the overall financial goals of the company.
- Compile and coordinate monthly finance packs providing commentary on Market performance against budget and business KPIs.
- Develop and maintain Regional P&Ls and Price Chains by Market and Brand. Develop Market analysis of distributor profitability by brand and for total portfolio. Assess and develop tools to track brand profitability by key retail channels. Assess and develop tools to evaluate distributor profitability, including that of competitive suppliers.
- Support implementation of and build sales commitment in adopting company-selected Trade Promotion Management tool.
- Ensure tools, reporting and analytics are in place to manage national pricing.
- Lead the planning and implementation of strategic price changes.
- Establish standardized methods for evaluating pricing and/or promotion spend to optimize profitability.
- Ensure the systems, tools and actions are in place to support the reporting, analysis and data management for key accounts
- 8-10 years business experience in accounting / finance.
- Previous experience working within US Alcoholic Beverage industry strongly preferred.
- Previous supervisory/managerial experience is preferred.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or Business related field is required.
- MBA is preferred.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: