Job #: 15025
Title: Director Global Supply Chain - Procurement
Job Location: Mobile, Alabama - United States
Salary: $105,000.00 - $135,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Global Supply Chain Director will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Supply/Purchasing Team and the creation/ implementation of goals and objectives. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Direct leadership of developing sourcing and cost reduction plans for the direct commodities
- Develop, monitor and manage performance metrics for the department and team members
- Evaluate team member performance and help prioritize workload
- Issue, review and evaluate quotes and RFQs
- Identify process improvement opportunities
- Act as an internal business partner and consultant to internal customers and provide support to other departments
- Take initiative in leading change process and supply chain optimization
- Demonstrate trustworthiness and professionalism with internal customers, peers and team members
- Create and open environment that encourages people to work together to solve problems and improve service levels
- Coordinate sourcing strategies with and other segments as needed.
- Responsible for the goal setting, measurement, training, and motivation of team members, and the growing of these individuals into effective coaches.
- Interface as needed with both the supplier base and management. Attend staff, operations, and other meetings.
- Work with supply base on cost reduction ideas and consolidate supply base.
- Advise manager of any circumstances that could affect quality, delivery or pricing of purchased product or services.
- Participate in the Indirect Procurement Council
Bachelors degree in relevant technical area, 7+ years of related experience in the manufacturing industry, and management experience required. Masters Degree in related field preferred.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Lean Manufacturing processes and tools.
- Managing and leading a team.
- Automotive, aerospace, or similar supplier base.
- Government regulated environments. Willing to expand knowledge in those areas.
- Low volume, high-mix service environments.
- ERP/MRP system management and execution.
- Strategic global sourcing exposure, Germany a plus.
- Outsourcing of non-core products and processes.
- Management of multiple sites, leveraging, and consolidating the supply chain.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: