Job #: 15513
Title: Performance Test Engineer
Job Location: Weston, Florida - United States
Salary: $130,000.00 - $150,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are seeking a Performance Test Engineer who is part developer developing frameworks, tools, stubs, mocks - and part tester building and executing performance, stability and resiliency tests and doing root cause analysis and providing recommendations. The engineer will have the opportunity to work on enterprise applications with traditional and as well as cutting edge architectures, patterns and tech-stacks and database technologies.
The Performance Test Engineering team has access to industry standard load generation, monitoring and analytics tools. The team also believes in being nimble and using the right tool for the right job which may mean purchasing licenses for commercial tools, using open source tools or building tools.
The individual will work closely with software engineers, cloud engineers, and business analysts, strongly emphasizing communication skills at multiple levels of the organization. We encourage performance test engineers to be creative, think outside the box, and collaborate with different teams to reach new levels of success and innovation. JOB DESCRIPTION
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Ensure quality for our customers by validating Performance, Scalability, and Resiliency in our software solutions
- Design, develop, execute and analyze automated Performance, Stability, Scalability, and Reliability tests
- Design and develop frameworks, tools, stubs, mocks to enable performance testing
- Participate in the constant improvement of our Performance Test Automation practices in CI/CD pipelines
- Debug, troubleshoot, and work with team members to find and fix software defects using application monitoring tools
- Work with business and other stakeholders to determine and define non-functional requirements
- Create reports that describe detected defects and possible causes
- Gain a technical and functional understanding of our product architecture and become part of the ongoing improvement of the performance of our enterprise systems and applications
- Identify key business transactions and build a workload model by analyzing raw logs or log analytic solutions
- Analyze defects/test results and be able to deduct the chain of events leading to a failure
- Write SQL and NoSQL code as part of data setup, in order to conduct performance tests
- Ability and tenacity to take each performance issue as far as possible, often to the point of being able to suggest a fix
- 3+ years experience with Performance testing tools such as LoadRunner, JMeter, Artillery, Locust etc.
- 2+ years experience with SQL/NoSQL to generate data for performance testing
- 1+ years experience with application monitoring tools like Dynatrace, AppDynamics, New Relic etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience with highly resilient systems as well as performant and anti-fragility design patterns
- Exposure to Unix/Linux operating systems
- Exposure to microservices architectures
- Exposure to Google Cloud Platform Products and Amazon Web Services
- Ability to lead and work in projects
- Ability to communicate effectively (listening, presenting and questioning)
- Positive team participation skills
- Strong organizational, written and communication skills
- Team Player
- Detail Oriented
- Strong Decision-Making Skills
- Ability to Multi-Task
BS degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field involving coding or equivalent practical experience preferred.
- Limited Travel upon request (less than 5%)
How to Apply: