Job #: 15498
Title: Senior Telecom/Voice Engineer
Job Location: Pine Bluff, Arkansas - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
The Senior Telecom/Voice Engineer is responsible for both short term and long term strategic projects that are highly intricate in nature and providing day to day operational support for inhouse & client system voice infrastructure.Plan and implement Cisco unified communication solutions to meet the business requirements supporting next generation unified communication infrastructure. Accountable for performing requirement gathering, analysis, planning, design, implementation, documentation, assessment, and management of the Cisco unified communication infrastructure. JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities and Duties - Please read:
- Answerable for planning and implementing enterprise unified communications-based projects.
- Accountable for mentoring and training of lower level voice network engineers and technicians.
- In control of designing and developing cisco unified communication architectural enhancements, troubleshoot unified communication issues, create functional and technical design documentation and establish standards to correspond to engineering specifications and industry best practices.
- Partners with vendors, clients, carriers and technical staff on VoIP implementation, optimization, security and ongoing management. This includes but is not limited to troubleshooting infrastructure and services counting.
- Safeguarding overall technical capabilities, stability and performance.
- Responsible for insuring the day-to-day operation, reliability, and integrity of the enterprise voice communications network. This includes the installation, maintenance, and management of all voice equipment such as voice servers, gateways, PBX switches, phones, circuits, wiring, servers, backup systems, voice network management and diagnostic tools, etc.
- Offer direction, recommendations, design and implementation for VoIP enhancements.
- Produce and maintain all necessary technical documentation. Guarantee all work activity is accurately documented in our tracking systems.
- Observe the design, programming and application standards as setup by the company. Including compliance with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Safeguard performance, capacity, availability, and quality of the voice environment monitoring for emerging incidents and initiate preventative action.
Required skills or credentials:
- Bachelors degree OR equivalent education and experience
- 6 or more years working on Voice technologies. CCNA required; prefer CCNP or CCIE collaboration or must be able to obtain.
- Must also be qualified at all levels of LAN, WAN, Voice, and Security technologies.
- 6 or more years experience directly working with customer and client technical teams
- CCNA Voice, CCNP Voice, or CCIE Collaboration certification is highly preferred.
- 6 or more years of implementing Voice solutions
- 6 or more years designing global call routing with on Cisco VG, CME, CUE, and CCM.
- Voice Recording Integration with a third-party solution.
- Low-Level Design details for the Unified Communications Solution
- Dial Plan
- LAN and WAN network design and configuration
- Implementation, migration planning, and solution testing
- QOS policies across the Enterprise for Data, Voice and Video solutions
- Experience managing, supporting and deploying network infrastructures
- Available after hours and weekends as needed and willing to work on-call rotation
- Good oral and written communication skills, and ability to address conflict with others constructively
- Experience with Disaster Recovery plans and related technologies
- Solid background in network administration and architecture
- Experience writing voice and network security policies, standards, and procedures as well as utilizing network analysis tools to determine root cause of voice problems.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: