Job #: 10785
Title: Legal Executive Assistant
Job Location: Lancaster, South Carolina - United States
Salary: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for an Executive Assistant with previous in-house corporate or law firm legal experience. This position includes traditional corporate administrative responsibilities for assisting attorneys with managing all stages of corporate legal matters and transactions. The scope of the position is broader, however, in that it also includes legal project management responsibilities as part of the company`s focus on efficiencies in projects. Both aspects of the job demand exceptional organizational and people skills as direct contact with attorneys, executives, and various departments will be a major aspect of the position. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Responsible for legal department project and case management, including but not limited to organizing and tracking projects and files to efficiently manage pending cases and deadlines, and reporting to and keeping attorneys informed throughout the process.
- Assist the legal department in preparing a diverse range of correspondence, complex agreements, pleadings, schedules, exhibits, and other necessary legal documents.
- Attend to significant amounts of administrative tasks, including filing, mailings, expense reports, travel arrangements, calendar scheduling, and related tasks.
- Assume responsibility for preparing and reviewing draft documents to confirm accuracy.
- Track contractual obligations and follow-up to ensure obligations are met, renewals are drafted in a timely manner, and contracts are in compliance with the law, regulations and company policies.
- Perform legal and factual research as needed.
- Create written reports and spreadsheets summarizing voluminous amounts of data.
- Maintain legal databases.
- Perform other assigned duties as may be required in meeting company objectives
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the organization and function within a team environment.
- Previous in-house corporate or law firm legal experience required.
- Proven work experience as a project administrator in a legal department.
- Thorough knowledge of legal principles and practices, research techniques, and legal terminology.
- Minimum of five years related experience; intellectual property and litigation experience a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail.
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office with greater expertise in at least Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with WRIKE project management software and Lotus Notes a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of projects.
- Ability to adapt to factually dynamic legal issues.
- Ability to interact with all departments within the company and with outside counsel.
- Handle confidential information professionally and consistently.
How to Apply: