Job #: 15416
Title: Commercial Banking Lending Assistant
Job Location: Birmingham, Alabama - United States
Salary: $45,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Commercial Banking Lending Assistant
The incumben supports and reports to the Senior Housing Relationship Manager. In this regard the Lending Assistant is responsible for assisting the Relationship Manager in all aspects of developing and maintaining the credit quality of the Senior Housing portfolio. The Lending Assistant role leads the coordination of all the relevant stakeholders in the pre-approval underwriting, pre-closing, closing and post-closing and servicing processes for all senior housing real estate loans. Additionally, the Lending Assistant will provide logistical and administrative support to the Relationship Manager, serve as a direct liaison with borrowers and review loan approval and loan documents prepared either internally or externally to ensure consistency and adherence to requirements. This position works closely with internal bank support areas, loan officers, underwriting consultants, participant banks, borrowers, attorneys, construction consultants, appraisers, inspectors, and insurance and title companies. JOB DESCRIPTION
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Initiate customer/borrower underwriting set up.
- Order loan appraisals, environmental due diligence and market studies for Senior Housing Group
- Order flood certs and maintain Insurance requirements on customer/borrower (Builders Risk, Workers Compensation, General Liability)
- Manage and maintain covenant compliance, financial statement and post-closing requirements on customer/borrower as defined in loan agreement (Tax Returns, Personal Financial Statements, Covenant Compliance, Annual Budget, etc.)
- Ensure that all client bank internal documents are received from the borrower on each individual deal
- Circulate all relevant information to participant banks
- Ensure that all loan documentation is imaged and filed accordingly
- Initiate title updates and coordinate closing with closing attorney
- Review closing documents prior to closing for correctness associated with the loan approval
- Properly document any post approval changes to loan
- Fund for the closing Initiate Wires
- Review closed loan package, prepare and send in to loan booking department
- Coordinate payment for all invoices and related expenses associated with each transaction (this will include balancing the Senior Housing GL)
- Review and order loan draw requests
- Order front end analysis report
- Order inspection reports and circulate to participant banks when necessary
- Check for accuracy of the inspections and fund the draw
- Maintain weekly and monthly reports as required
- Generate weekly pipeline report and participate in weekly pipeline and deal calls
- Maintain financial and collateral exceptions reports
- Ensure that all loan payments are made on time and follow up with any past due borrowers
- Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers
- Communicates with borrowers as necessary
- In the event that the Relationship Manager is unavailable, lead weekly due diligence conference calls
- Assist the Relationship Manager with logistical and administrative support such as booking travel, completing expense reports and assemble/bookmark credit packages and distribute to parties for approval
- Five or more years Banking experience
- An associate degree in accounting or business is preferred along with 5 or more years of experience in a lending or lending assistant role.
- Familiarity with standard commercial real estate loan documentation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Fiserv or equivalent banking platform.
How to Apply: