Job #: 15422
Title: Production Engineer - Linear Low Density Polyethylene
Job Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: 20% target bonus, Full relocation and excellent benefits to include true pension plan
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is an international integrated energy and chemical company that leverages the talent and expertise of more than 34,000 people working in 38 countries. A career with them provides opportunities to experience variety through exposure in various facets of our integrated energy and chemicals value chain; upstream (exploration & production), mining, downstream, chemicals and new energy. JOB DESCRIPTION
They will offer a comprehensive total rewards package with market-related compensation and benefits that are consistent across our sites in the USA. The total rewards package is competitive within our industry and is designed to attract and retain their most valuable assets - their employees.
- The ability to work independently exists, such that typical assignments can be completed with moderate supervision.
- Has a thorough understanding of general technical principles and must routinely demonstrate the ability to apply these principles in everyday work.
- Has gained expertise in one or more areas, and is recognized as having that expertise.
- Help the LLDPE Operation Team to operate the LLDPE unit safely and to continuously improve safety.
- Support the LLDPE Unit Manager to meet production targets at the required specifications.
- Process engineering support to the LLDPE Operations Team.
- Monitor, together with the company Reliability Department and OEMs, the performance and efficiency of large compressors, heat exchangers, pumps, and solid handling equipment.
- Energy management of equipment operations.
- Work with the LLDPE Operation Superintendent/Supervisors/Processors, Maintenance, and Technology Departments to troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and ineffective/inefficient operation.
- Monitor and control the LLDPE Operation budget to help the LLDPE Unit Manager.
- Work with the LLDPE Operation team and Technology Group to identify and scope improvement capital projects.
- Independently drives projects to completion. Understands how and with whom they need to work with to complete an assignment. Results are typically reviewed / critiqued after achievement of pre-established milestones, or work is completed.
- Work with the LLDPE Technology Group to run plant trails for new additive and grades.
- Deliver technical track lead and process related inputs required on smaller projects in accordance with sound established engineering principles and standards to satisfy business requirements.
- Stand in for the LLDPE Unit Manager when they are absent.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- Minimum of BS degree in Chemical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of Engineering experience, preferable in a petrochemical environment.
- Experience with Linear Low Density Polyethylene is preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills, good teamwork ability and communication skill
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: