Job #: 15423
Title: Production Engineer - Low Density Polyethylene
Job Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: 20% target bonus, Full relocation and excellent benefits to include true pension plan
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is an international integrated energy and chemical company that leverages the talent and expertise of more than 34,000 people working in 38 countries. A career with them provides opportunities to experience variety through exposure in various facets of our integrated energy and chemicals value chain; upstream (exploration & production), mining, downstream, chemicals and new energy. JOB DESCRIPTION
They will offer a comprehensive total rewards package with market-related compensation and benefits that are consistent across our sites in the USA. The total rewards package is competitive within our industry and is designed to attract and retain their most valuable assets - their employees.
- The ability to work independently exists, such that typical assignments can be completed with moderate supervision
- Has a thorough understanding of general technical principles and must routinely demonstrate the ability to apply these principles in everyday work
- Has gained expertise in one or more areas, and is recognized as having that expertise. Develops new or improved processes / techniques related to their area of expertise
- Develop in-depth understanding of technologies applicable to polyethylene and related chemistries and the application of those technologies to ensure that the plants are at the cutting edge
- Implementing and achieving the goals and strategies for the polyethylene unit(s):
- Champions the application of the technology from the License Agreements in a format that the Operating Teams can use successfully
- Compiles performance data for benchmarking and applies feedback to improve the competitiveness of the operating unit
- Works with the Operation Superintendent/Supervisors/Processors, Maintenance, and Technology Departments to troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and ineffective/inefficient operation
- Works with the Operations team to identify and scope improvement capital projects. Independently drives projects to completion
- Delivers technical track lead and process related inputs required on smaller projects in accordance with sound established engineering principles and standards to satisfy business requirements
- Understands how and with whom they need to work with to complete an assignment. Results are typically reviewed / critiqued after achievement of pre-established milestones, or work is completed
- Energy management of equipment operations
- Process engineering support to the LDPE Operations Team.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- Minimum of BS degree in Chemical Engineering, or equivalent
- 3+ years of engineering experience, preferable in a petrochemical environment
- Technical experience with Low Density Polyethylene is preferred
- Experience with tubular technology is beneficial, along with being capable of statistical analysis for determining process capability & performance
- Process modeling skills (Aspen simulation tools) also beneficial
- Good interpersonal skills, good teamwork ability and communication skill.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: