Job #: 15542
Title: Safety Specialist - Watford City, ND
Job Location: Watford City, North Dakota - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Medical Plan & Prescription Drug Coverage? Vision Coverage Dental Coverage? Flexible Spending Accounts? Life Insurance Coverage? Disability Coverage 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan; (Contributes 3% of your pay into the plan, regardless of employee participation. Will match employee contributions dollar for dollar up to 5%)
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Client willing to recruit nationwide but does not pay relocation expenses for this position.
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Safety Specialist - Watford City, ND
Great Benefits, Long Term Employment and Career Opportunities!
Our client is looking for qualified personnel who are interested in a long term career oppportunities. They are a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. The company has a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets, making them an excellent choice for exciting career opportunities. They offer a great benefit package, long term employment and career opportunties. This position is located in Watford City, North Dakota, a small community that is the epicenter of the state`s energy boom.
- Medical Plan & Prescription Drug Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan; (Contributes 3% of your pay into the plan, regardless of employee participation. Will match employee contributions dollar for dollar up to 5%)
The Safety Specialist is Responsible for:
- Implementation and auditing of OSHA programs and policies as well as local and state programs and policies including understanding corporate policy and local procedures, performing behavior observations and compliance evaluations, and auditing.
- Participating or leading incident reporting and investigations, including Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Managing and driving to completion open action items that result from PSM Audits, PHAs and other compliance Audits.
- Facilitate and conduct Safety Meetings and Site-Specific Training.
- Auditing and monitoring of large contract and construction crews.
- Assist with shutdowns, confined space entries, critical lifts and other high priority jobs.
- Evaluate working conditions and recommend improvements in safety and health methods, practices, and procedures.
- Advise management, operations, and project/maintenance teams in matters that assure compliance with federal, state, local and corporate rules and regulations pertaining to employee health and safety, acting as the local subject matter expert or resource.
- Investigate accidents to identify causes and to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future.
- Assure that various reports are filed with appropriate agencies in accordance with applicable safety regulations including specific requirements of permits or regulations for the various facilities.
- Conduct formal and informal audits of physical facilities and compliance related programs and procedures.
- Actively promote safe and environmentally friendly work processes within the facilities.
- Conduct Emergency Response drills and work with local emergency response agencies
- Assist in contractor safety programs.
- Assist other ES&H team members with company initiatives and overall implementation of ES&H Department Goals.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
Education & License:
- A bachelors degree (4 year) or higher in Safety, Engineering, or related technical field preferred
- Maintain a valid drivers license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company
- Minimum of 5 years of experience implementing and leading formal safety programs
- Working knowledge and prior experience implementing and leading occupational safety compliance.
- Interpersonal communication skills are required to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors
- An organized and detail-oriented self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work self-sufficiently given direction and resources
- Ability to think critically, solve problems independently and exercise excellent judgment and common sense
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Intermediate computer skills (Proficiency in MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Preferred Qualifications (Additional Factors used in consideration of candidates)
- Preferred Consideration will be given for CSP, ASP or similar professional certifications.
- 10+ years of experience in the oil and gas or petrochemical industry.
- Extensive knowledge of the rules and regulations of the various federal and state agencies having jurisdiction over the facilities
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: