Job #: 15570
Title: Maintenance & Engineering Manager
Job Location: New Orleans, Louisiana - United States
Salary: $135,000.00 - $155,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 16% bonus, matching 6% 401k & additional 4% retirement contribution
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Maintenance & Engineering Manager
With the company taking aggressive actions to expand and grow, they are looking to improve and upgrade their facilities across the nation and some internationally! They are looking to hire the right type of talent and a fast paced, driven type of personality.
Acts as the backup to the Plant Manager
~20 people report - Proc. Eng, Proj Eng, planner, warehouse, inspector, consultants, I&E techs, controls Eng, Sr. Reli
- 10-20+ years Industry xp
- At least 10 years of leadership - growing from maint/reli background
- 7-10+ years with PSM programs, maybe even creating
- CapEX a plus
- Good union experience a plus
- Good rapport building/leadership/communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates and leads efforts for improving assigned unit productivity and reliability.
- Works to ensure a safe working environment for employees and environmental compliance for area of responsibility.
- Supervises plant test runs. Implements new process designs and equipment changes.
- Executes all activities per PSM requirements and aids in the training of unit personnel as needed.
- Participates in the safety audits program(s). Attends or leads safety meetings for unit personnel.
- Participates in all EHS incident investigations and complete corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Oversee capital/maintenance project process and supervise the maintenance function.
- Manage the Top 10 reliability issues to implement cost effective solutions.
- Lead the development/implementation of company Reliability Excellence components.
- Identify, monitor and maintain key performance indicators (KPIs), and drive data access to the operator/craftsman level.
- Facilitates positive change in the Maintenance & Engineering organization by pro-actively driving department initiatives. Acts as a change agent in implementing cross-functional plant business objectives.
- Act as the backup for the current plant manager with direct and indirect reports.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS Degree in a Engineering required, Mechanical engineering degree is a plus
- 4-6 years minimum experience, (with some supervisory experience) in a manufacturing facility
- Working knowledge of PSM programs
- Must have chemical plant experience
- Team leadership and coordination skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Facilitation skills to align maintenance & engineering to business objectives
- Strong technical and mechanical background recognizing the sensitivity of customer requirements
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong ownership to drive organization results and improvement
- Assist site in achieving world class safety and environmental compliance
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: