Job #: 15543
Title: I & E Technician 8620 - Watford City, ND
Job Location: Watford City, North Dakota - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Medical Plan & Prescription Drug Coverage? Vision Coverage Dental Coverage? Flexible Spending Accounts? Life Insurance Coverage? Disability Coverage 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan; (Contributes 3% of your pay into the plan, regardless of employee participation. Will match employee contributions dollar for dollar up to 5%)
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Client willing to recruit nationwide but does not pay relocation expenses for this position.
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
I & E Technician - Watford City, ND
Great Benefits, Long Term Employment and Career Opportunities!
Our client is looking for qualified personnel who are interested in a long term career oppportunities. They are a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. The company has a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets, making them an excellent choice for exciting career opportunities. They offer a great benefit package, long term employment and career opportunties. This position is located in Watford City, North Dakota, a small community that is the epicenter of the state`s energy boom.
- Medical Plan & Prescription Drug Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan; (Contributes 3% of your pay into the plan, regardless of employee participation. Will match employee contributions dollar for dollar up to 5%)
The I&E Technician is responsible for performing corrective & preventative maintenance on I&E systems as analytical equipment, control elements, advanced hardware (computers, telemetry & etc.), logic networks and other related equipment associated typically in the processing, fractionation, storage and transportation of natural gas liquids.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Attend safety meetings and work safely
- Diagnose routine and non-routine equipment malfunction by observing operation, listening, and using diagnostic equipment to locate causes of trouble
- Install and maintain process control and data gathering systems
- Install, maintain, and program GE plc, Allen Bradley plc, and Wonder ware HMI systems
- Read and prepare piping and instrumentation diagrams (P.&I.D.).
- Recognize danger signals from equipment indicating a need for emergency procedures, which include the shutdown of equipment
- Review and organize material inventory by examining stock to verify conformance to specification; count and sort incoming articles, compile reports on inventory and recommend to supervision ordering of replacement and additions
- Train co-workers in safe and proper job procedures
- Troubleshoot, calibrate, repair, tune, configure and install electronic I/P converters, positioners, transmitters etc.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and install compressor panel boards
- Knowledge of PSM and mechanical drawings, maintenance records, maintenance procedures, equipment drawings, and maintenance manuals
- Knowledge of all safety aspects of electrical troubleshooting and maintenance, including compliance with OSHA 1910
- Regular and reliable attendance is required
- Note: This position Operates independently within approved guidelines, and with minimum supervision; must deliver pertinent information in a timely manner.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions
- Ability to frequently throughout the work shift, push, pull and lift at least a minimum of 50lbs to a minimum height of 3-4 feet and maneuver equipment or parts as needed
- Ability to work outdoors in changing climate conditions
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing
- Ability to climb up and down ladders, stairs and platforms at varying heights
- Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex)
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
- This role is subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by policy
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
Education & License:
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Maintain a valid drivers license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company
- Associate`s degree in instrumentation and electrical technology (preferred)
- Minimum of 1-3 years of work related experience
- Must have a mechanical aptitude
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors
- An organized and detail-oriented self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently and be self-sufficient given direction and resources
- Well-grounded, preferring to work in a collegial and team environment
- Ability to think critically, solve problems independently and exercise excellent judgment and common sense
Preferred Qualifications or Additional Factors for Consideration:
- A solid understanding of utilizing horsepower and compression
- Able to troubleshoot equipment failures
- Plant Operation experience
High School/Secondary School
How to Apply: