Job #: 16296
Title: Commercial/Corporate Credit Analyst
Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia - United States
Salary: $50,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Overview of the Commercial/Corporate Credit Analyst opportunity:
Is responsible for providing an independent and fully inclusive written evaluation of selected commercial loans. Collaborates carefully with commercial loan officers and other employees to recognize and manage risk on commercial loans up to the banks legal lending limit. The analysis will achieve in supporting the approval or denial of a loan request and endorsements on structure and risk rating.
Safeguards that loans are underwritten to comply with policy and are also suitably moderated. Incumbent applies knowledge of commercial lending principles to all duties performed. Works under limited supervision and in compliance with established policies, procedures and banking regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively partners with credit platform to improve efficiencies of operation, minimize risk, and expand sales opportunities.
- Evaluates financial statements and concludes independent written credit evaluations.
- Analysis will comprise of a wide-ranging evaluation of the business and will be used by supervision in approving credit requests. Analysis should sufficiently summarize the important aspects of the business including a detailed financial analysis, management competencies, collateral evaluation, and guarantor support.
- Offers commendations for monitoring relative to risk and policy, including revision to existing covenants.
- Offers endorsements regarding credit risk rating of commercial accounts and assesses collateral quality and values.
- Provides recommendations to loan officers regarding credit structure and policy compliance.
- Works closely with Commercial and/or Corporate Lenders/Relationship mnagers and may accompany them on client visits.
- Completes the annual servicing of existing relationships as allocated.
- Communicates completion dates with sales and credit partners, and works to meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Analysis will identify the key strengths and weaknesses of that debtor. May also include an evaluation of the borrowers industry and the borrowers position within their respective industry.
- Five (5) + years banking experience with emphasis on financial analysis and/or commercial lending
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business or Finance and/or equivalent experience
- Advanced written and analytical skills to include a capacity to analyze balance sheet structure, and income and cash flow trends on credits up to the legal lending limit of the bank.
- Knowledge of national syndications and buying and selling of loan participations.
- Extensive exposure to commercial credit and lending concepts, practices and regulations.
- PC proficiency with Word and Excel, including the use of system and user generated formulas, macros, charts, and tables.
- Experienced with financial statement spreading, including proficiency in preparing pro-forma statements within Moodys or other software package.
- Ability to research industry sources needed for credit evaluations.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to self-manage time and priorities to meet deadlines.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: