Job #: 16298
Title: Corporate Banking Senior Underwriter
Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia - United States
Salary: $65,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Corporate Banking Senior Underwriter
Provides mission critical support to Corporate Banking partners with large portfolios possessing a complex degree of difficulty. You will be tasked with underwriting and monitoring credit, existing and proposed credit requests and delivering a high level of customer service support. You will assist in thoughtful and intelligent relationally based cross sell efforts and performing special projects. Reviews status of current loans; takes fitting action on credit relationships that are maturing or past due and assists assigned partners in loan closings. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Develops a working familiarity of assigned customers and prospects, communicating with them as required in support of managing the relationship.
- Serves as a vital liaison between the line and Credit Administration to safeguard timely underwriting and approvals as well as recognize likely credit issues. Must embrace managing the annual review/line of credit renewal processes to ensure that they are completed in a timely manner.
- Supports the Relationship Manager(s) in monitoring data concerning customer performance, abilities, and industry to determine that the credit presents an acceptable risk. This will include, but not be limited to, financial statement, covenant and insurance tracking, risk rating updates, and loan grade reports.
- Attends client meetings with the Relationship Manager(s).
- Attends loan settlements, attends loan approval meetings, and loan quality meetings as required.
- Strategizes and concludes responsibilities without exhaustive instructions; replies to situations as they arise with minimal direction; maintains high standards notwithstanding pressing deadlines; regularly produces accurate, thorough and professional work.
- Assists in managing past due and maturing loans in a timely and competent manner.
- Coordinates with the Relationship Manager(s) and the client to safeguard required financial reporting is submitted in a timely manner.
- Contributes in regular meetings with Relationship Manager(s) and Credit Administration division to communicate present and anticipated workflow, priorities, and review reports.
- Sustains working knowledge of Bank policies and procedures related to the lending function.
- Safeguards compliance with all current regulatory requirements and practices; support risk management activities and programs; assist in organizational safety and soundness initiatives.
- Demonstrates capability in developing solutions to basic credit related issues.
Familiarity, Skills and Abilities:
- Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics, or related field.
- Six (6) or more years of commercial loan and/or credit analysis and/or loan review experience.
- Ability to work and interact with various departments.
- Exceptional mathematical skills as well as written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful, environment with numerous critical deadlines.
- Thorough familiarity and understanding of all loan products and services.
- Extraordinary interpersonal relationship skills with a service alignment for both internal and external customers.
- Innovative written and analytical skills to comprise a proven ability to analyze balance sheet structure, and income and cash flow trends on extremely complex credits.
How to Apply: