Job #: 17000
Title: Senior Electrical/Designer Engineer - PE
Job Location: Columbus, Ohio - United States
Salary: $105,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Arcitectual or MEP firms
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Senior Electrical Engineer
Description: JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is a broad-minded and multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm established in the early 1990s. This firm is licensed in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Openings have become available on their team for the right individuals with great experience and an interest in building lasting client relationships. Electrical design for low voltage, experience with electrical power distribution within buildings (hospitals, educational facilities, office buildings, etc.) designing electrical power distribution from the transformer to the user interface. Manufacturing, product, process & controls will not be considered as viable experience for this position
- Ability to meet with architects and other team members to determine appropriate electrical systems, location of electrical elements, and preliminary cost estimates.
- Perform appropriate field work to determine design direction, including evaluation of existing electrical components for re-use and retrofit.
- Work with architects, clients, and other engineering disciplines to coordinate systems during design and production drawings.
- Ability to prepare contract documents using latest version of AutoCad and/or Revit software to design and provide concepts for schematic design packages.
- Ability to develop technical construction specifications to appropriately support project design and drawings.
- Prepare design development and construction documents, including coordination with engineering team.
- Ability to oversee, and mentor, less experienced engineering and architectural team.
- Assist in electrical construction administration of the project, including shop drawing review, site visits, cost proposal evaluations, and response to questions from the field.
- Strong written and communication skills are a must with the ability to multi-task working on simultaneous project assignments, each in different phases.
- Excellent client interface capabilities and organizational skills.
- Enthusiasm and eagerness for continued education and development of new skills.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering
- 12+ year`s experience in a consulting engineering firm
- Resitered Professional Engineer
- Knowledge of and proficiency in AutoCAD & Revit-Structure is required
- Interest in LEED AP is preferred
- US Citizenship or Green Card required
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: