Job #: 18084
Title: Python Programmer
Job Location: Stamford, Connecticut - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Strong annual bonuses and superior benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Outstanding opportunity to join the FinTech industry with or without financial experience.
Our client, a highly successful global financial-technology company recognized as one of the premier eTrading companies, is seeking a strong PYTHON Programmer Analyst to support essential business and compliance applications. For this position we seek someone who is excited about being a part of the dynamic Fin-Tech industry and working in a role which is both very technical and business focused.
This position offers:
- Oopportunity to advance your technical skills as well as your financial business knowledge.
- Support the technology needs of the legal and compliance departments in a dynamic global company
- Work for highly respected global company with great stability and superior benefits
- Achieve strong annual bonuses for good work and commitment.
This Programmer will develop and support Web-based tools and micro services, utilizing their skills in Perl or Python or Ruby and also learning new technologies to support the compliance and business processes.
The focus of the position is programming but it is a great opportunity to combine and enhance your technical skills and utilize your business analyst skills.
He or she must have strong communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with business groups. Must also have strong personal initiative and the ability to own projects and be responsible for them from conception to completion. QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors Computer Science, Math, Data Science or similar technical field (mandatory)
- Strong hands on Python programming experience - client will also consider Perl OR Ruby OR R as preimary language if combined with Unix/Linux
- Experience with Linux command line and text editor vim
- Experience SQL, databases and data structures and algorithms
- Experience with version control and git
- Willingness to learn new technologies as necessary which best support the needs of the compliance group and business group.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
These Skills are a plus:
- Understanding of Test-Driven Development or Clean Code methodologies
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
Experience in the financial industry is NOT required. Interest in succeeding with a dynamic Fin-Tech company is required.
Our client rewards good work and commitment with strong annual bonuses and superior benefits.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: