Job #: 19934
Title: GENERAL MANAGER - Chemical Manufacturing
Job Location: Tampa, Florida - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: 20% Bonus, All Benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Company would like to offer relocation on a case by case basis
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Central Florida (Relocation Provided)
Our client seeks a General Manager to lead operations of a heavy industrial manufacturing facility in Central Florida. The General Manager will have ownership for leading all elements of a continuously operated chemical manufacturing facility including safety and environmental stewardship, quality, productivity, cost, and ongoing team development. The General Manager will work with existing company staff to complete construction of a brownfield nutrient recovery facility and granular fertilizer manufacturing operation, recruit a staff of 30 salaried and hourly operating and maintenance positions, develop relationships with third party service providers, lead development of behaviors and systems to support Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement cultures, commission operations, and deliver operational results that meet the business plan.
The position is full time and will be based at the operating facility located in Central Florida.
Our client is looking for someone who is adaptable to change, capable of working with a variety of people, and able to bring leadership, technical skills, and experience relevant to this position.
The performance of this position will require exposure to heavy industrial manufacturing areas that require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields, hearing protection, hard hat, steel toed boots, occasional use of a respirator, and other similar PPE. The employee will be required to travel uneven working surfaces, climb stairs and ladders, and work in an operating environment with temperature ranges from below 32 F to above 85 F.
The Hiring Company
The hiring company designs, builds and sells a new generation of water treatment systems a nutrient recovery solution that creates value from waste by removing nutrients from municipal and industrial wastewater and transforming them into revenue-generating, environmentally-friendly commercial fertilizer. Along with helping the treatment facilities reduce operating costs and meet increasingly stringent environmental regulations, their process recovers and transforms critical nutrients such as phosphorus and nitrogen into a slow-release fertilizer that our client markets and sells, providing cost savings and a new stream of revenue for municipalities. JOB DESCRIPTION
Required Travel: Typical 10%, intermittently up to 25%
- Create a culture that aggressively pursues an injury free workplace
- Create and maintain an engaged workforce
- Work with company resources to integrate Operational Excellence into the daily management practices of the facility
- Ensure company is recognized as a community partner by fulfilling obligations to employees, government agencies, and community stakeholders
- Ensure the production facility meets key business goals
- Assisting with development of and delivering against operational budgets
- Identify improvement opportunities, provide solutions, and implement changes that eliminate waste from the manufacturing process
- Routine forecasting of raw material needs, production volumes, and spend
- Interaction with commercial team to ensure on time deliveries of finished goods for both the current and expected future business state
- Availability to address urgent production issues during nights, weekends, and holidays
- Collaboration with the company capital projects team to deploy new equipment and processes
- Participate with executive team in company growth strategy development and execution
- Fifteen or more years of relevant experience in continuous chemical manufacturing responsibilities
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels, within and outside the company
- Demonstrated experience in resolving gaps with both human systems and management systems within the constraints of the business plan
- Demonstrated management and planning skills with ability to set priorities, track and meet deadlines, and adapt to meet rapidly changing priorities while ensuring foundational elements are maintained
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations, reliability centered maintenance, engineering, etc.)
- Prior responsibility for Process Safety Management (PSM) covered operations preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point), computer based work management systems, and production data historians
- Technical four year degree, engineering degree preferred
- Desire and ability to work in a fun, dynamic growth environment, taking on new tasks as they occur
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: