Job #: 21168
Title: Communications Network Engineer
Job Location: Norfolk, Virginia - United States
Salary: $105,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This positions primary role will be a Field Services Communications Network Engineer
Servicing a large scale Enterprise network. You will be part of a Team of Network Technicians and Computer Service Technician and IPS/OSP technicians. This network includes Cisco, Aruba, Brocade, Juniper, Riverbed and McAfee network devices to include Routers, Switches, Access Points, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and WAN Accelerators. Will be part of a Waterfront Support Team responsible for emergent requirements on installing and moving network devices. JOB DESCRIPTION
- As a Communications Network Engineer you will be expected to install and maintain network devices at the site and work with the NOC technicians and Managers to troubleshoot outages and resolve network related issues.
- You will be responsible to create ticket for maintenances using HPE Service Manager. Candidates will be expected to understand, implement, and follow processes in accordance with current policies and procedures.
- Perform escalation and additional tasks as directed.
- Take Direction from the Regional Leader and Site Leaders.
- The successful candidate will be an innovative technical professional, customer service oriented, and knowledgeable engineer in the field of Ethernet and IP data engineering with 4 plus years experience as a Network Technician.
- Position requires a high level of project coordination skills to manage the execution of maintenance activities and network outages.
- Fundamental understanding of the OSI Model is required.
- Experience must include operational support, and configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, switches, associated software tools, and cabling in a large LAN/MAN/BAN/WAN environment.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP is a Plus.
- Knowledge and experience working with wireless technologies, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and WAN Accelerators and associated technologies is highly desirable.
- You will be part of a Team of Network Technicians and Engineers.
- Some Travel will be required.
- Secret Security Clearance is required.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for excellence and continual improvement, combined with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, innovative thinking in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Strong customer service and communication is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and network reliability.
- A good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills in severs and Cisco devices are a Plus.
- A Background Information Technology field or a related technology field is highly desirable. Other evidence of intellectual, technical, business accomplishments, and related technology leadership experiences will be considered.
- Cisco CCNA and Security+ required.
- ITIL foundation V3 certification is highly desirable.
How to Apply: