Job #: 5385
Title: Security Analyst with Programming in Java, C++ or Perl/Unix
Job Location: Stamford, Connecticut - United States
Salary: $110,000.00 - $140,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Strong annual bonuses
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Outstanding opportunity to join a highly successful, technology-driven e-Trading company as part of elite Systems Security team. This team supports and resolves security issues for this mid-sized, global company. Focus will be on Applications Security but will have broad-based responsibilities all aspects of security including assessments of vulnerability and risk factors, monitoring and responding to security alerts, penetration testing and report preparation. Will also use programming skills and the ability to develop automated processes to support the software development processes and the corporate Security processes.
This hi-tech client offers excellent career path and significant financial rewards to smart individual skills in sofware programming and security. The environment is `challenging and fast paced JOB DESCRIPTION
We are seeking a very technical and detailed oriented person with strong hands-on programming skills in Java, C++ OR Perl/Unix and experienced in Unix/Linux environments. Must also have 1-3 years of security experience, preferably on the applications side. Note that this is NOT a network security position however basic understanding of IP Networks, firewalls, etc is expected.
This Security Analyst/Programmer will develop tools and automate processes to support the internal, global security program. Will work closely with Software Engineering teams to advance security processes within the development processes. Will be involved with all aspects of security including assessments of vulnerability and risk factors, monitoring and responding to security alerts, penetration testing and report preparation. QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters (preferred) or Bachelors in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics or other technical field.
- 3-5 years of hands on programming in Java, C++ or Perl. Unix scripting languages or Python are a plus.
- Must have 1-3 years Security experience doing tasks such as responding to security alerts, risk assessments, penetration testing, security implementations, coordinating/implementing remediation steps, automation of related tasks.
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems is highly desired
- Familiarity with common security frameworks and standards such as NIST Cybersecurity, ISO/IEC 2700; CIS CSC, PCI DSS.
- Good basic understanding of network security monitoring (IDS, IPS, UTM)
- Experience or knowledge of infrastructure such as IP networks, firewalls and routing methodology. Note: this is NOT a network security position but basic is expected.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong personal interest in Security systems and desire to develop a career in Security.
- Certificates in Security technology such as CISSP, CCSP, CSSLP, CCFP are a plus
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: