Job #: 5349
Title: PHYSICAL THERAPIST
Job Location: Culpeper, Virginia - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Direct Hire: Physical Therapist
Location: Culpepper, Virginia
WHY WE`RE A GREAT COMPANY
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Educational support
- Flexible hours
- Diversified patient care
- Time to provide quality patient care
- Support from a strong team of clinicians
- Collaborative working environment
- Mentoring available
Specialties and Services
- Vital stim
- Pelvic health
- Dry Needling
- LSVT Big & Loud
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Concussion management
- Neurological rehabilitation
- TURTTLE pool - therapeutic unique rehab two temperature lap and exercise pool
About the Area
Located in the beautiful Piedmont area of Virginia, at the eastern foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and nestled within the Rappahannock River Basin, Culpeper offers its residents and visitors an environment rich in natural beauty and fascinating history. Our community offers a strong economic base and a healthy mix of business, industry, tourism, and agriculture making it a great place to live, work and play. One to two hours from Washington DC, Charlottesville, Richmond, and Fredericksburg.
- Full-time Benefits - Full
- Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
- Commission Compensation - No
- Bonus Eligible - No
- Overtime Eligible - No
- Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
Provide physical therapy evaluation and treatment to clients of all ages including child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients using age specific skills. Provides appropriate clinical supervision to licensed physical therapy assistants, rehab technicians, students and volunteers.
The following is a summary of the major essential functions of this job. The employee may perform other duties, both major and minor, that are not mentioned below; and specific functions may change from time to time.
- Responsible for providing physical therapy services to clients of all ages including evaluation of patient, establishing plan of care, implementing treatment, directing and educating patient and/or caregiver and documentation of the above.
- Supervise PTA, technicians, students and volunteers
- Communicate with other health care providers regarding client care and treatment plans
- Provide training and education for hospital staff as requested
- Complete patient documentation in a timely manner to meet regulatory and organizational requirements
- Attend continuing education programs and present findings to appropriate staff
- Demonstrate ethical standards of practice and professional qualities
- Review and complete all insurance authorization requirements for patients
- Assist with performance improvement for rehab department and hospital
- Understand use and precautions of any treatments and equipment used.
Education: BS degree in PT from an accredited college or university
Experience: No experience necessary
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Knowledge and skills to perform physical therapy evaluation, treatment and education on patients with general weakness, neurological and orthopedic conditions, and patients with developmental delay (as applicable).
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to carry out instructions both verbal and written.
- Ability to adjust equipment.
- Ability to communicate in a professional setting, in person, and on the telephone.
- Ability to interpret feedback from patients in all age groups.
- Ability to carry out defined treatment protocols independently.
- Ability to adapt to patients with a wide variety of diagnoses.
- Ability to teach duties of a physical therapist to students.
- Ability to obtain and maintain current AHA BLS certification.
- General computer knowledge and keyboarding skills
- General knowledge of insurance structure and authorization processes
- Ability to lift patients
- Ability to use and move equipment
- Ability to tolerate long periods of standing and walking.
- Assist with toileting transfers.
- Ability to provide a variety of treatments including wound care and dressing change
- Able to assist patient from bed to chair
Virginia State Physical Therapy License
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: