Job #: 4546
Title: Business Unit Controller
Job Location: Saint Louis, Missouri - United States
Salary: $85,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Medical, Dental, 401K, Vacation
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This fortune 500 company most important assets are its employees. They provide benefits for our employees as a whole person health and well-being, financial, work and life balance. Their continued growth allows for advancement in a quick-paced environment. Business Unit Controller Purpose: Manage the entire financial affairs for the assigned business unit.
As the Business Unit Controller you will
- Prepare and review financial statements and financial reports for both internal and external reporting requirements including schedules or packages distributed to the BOD, corporate senior management & CEO and the health plan management team.
- Lead presentations of monthly financial results and analysis to corporate senior management & CEO and the management team.
- Review and participate in budget and financial forecast processes, including a thorough knowledge of the key operational trends related to member mix shifts, utilization, unit cost, state program changes and health plan initiatives to effectively control costs.
- Responsible for ensuring and monitoring the health plans achievement towards membership, revenue, medical expense and SG&A goals.
- Work closely with the health plan management team to ensure the division is identifying and executing on critical initiatives.
- Provide and coordinate financial and business analysis to identify emerging trends in the business; communicate and report results to management and work with related departments regarding issues.
- Monitor business processes and systems to ensure financial reports are in compliance with GAAP and/or SSAP and company policies and standards.
- Act as the primary contact and responsible for health plan audits.
- Serve as liaison for state, business president, and finance area regarding financial matters.
Business Unit Controller will have:
- Bachelor`s degree in Accounting or related field. 5+ years related experience.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Statements of Statutory Accounting Principles (SSAP) and budgeting.
- License/Certification: CPA preferred.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: