Job #: 5245
Title: Environmental Systems Supervisor
Job Location: La Porte, Texas - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Houston candidates only
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a Terminals Company providing safe and reliable terminal services to the petrochemical industry for over four decades. They are ranked at the top of their kind in both capacity and customer service and provide the highest safety standards in the industry. They are currently seeking an Environmental Systems Supervisor. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Anticipate, recognize, evaluate, monitor, prevent and /or mitigate health and environmental effects from work place hazards to employees and the environment
- Supervise the Environmental System Department to ensure all facets of their job responsibilities and duties are being performed.
- Reports to the Environmental Compliance Manager and interfaces with the Environmental compliance group, SHES and operation
- Assist with interpreting and maintaining compliance with the companys solid waste and wastewater Texas Permits, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the Texas Commission (TCEQ)
- Assist with keeping abreast of all changes that are approved by the EPA and TCEQ regulations and any other changes that are published in the Federal and Texas registers that affect the company`s Texas facilities solid waste and waste water and make sure that it is communicated to the affected department.
- Oversee all current and future TERP, APAR, etc remediation projects.
- Assist with the regulatory inspection program, i.e. NPDES, SPCC, TERP, APAR, etc.
- Assist all the companys Texas facilities in the compliance of and development of environmental solid waste and wastewater regulatory procedures and processes
- Interface with federal, state, county, and city representatives during routine/non routine solid waste and waste water inspections.
- Maintain and conduct audits regarding environmental solid waste and waste water manuals
- Assist and set up training and education programs for environmental solid waste and wastewater regulatory compliance.
- Assist with notification to environmental incident and regulatory compliance reporting.
- Assist with internal/external SHES and Regulatory Compliance Audits.
- Assist with the compilation and accuracy of solid waste and waste water state and federal documentation, including but not limited to, Discharge Monitoring Report, Waste Receipts, SPCC and Permit Limitation, SPCC, and permit storage tracking.
- Monitor all plant activities for possible procedural changes that would increase, decrease, or eliminate solid waste and/or wastewaters.
- Monitor the integrity of potable water, wastewater, solid waste and utility water throughout the facility.
- Monitor plant perimeter and water bodies on a daily basis to ascertain plant integrity.
- Minimum of a BS degree from accredited college or university or equivalent experience in one of the environmental media
- Obtain and maintain a Class C potable and waste water license
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in water, solid waste or wastewater in chemical industry.
- Possess good communication and people skills
- Basic knowledge of wastewater treatment processes
- Handling and disposal of solid waste (hazardous and non-hazardous)
- Basic utility knowledge measuring and conservation
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: