Job #: 5276
Title: Speech Language Pathologist - Outpatient
Job Location: Rochester, New York - United States
Salary: $55,000.00 - $75,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Speech-Language Pathologist- Outpatient
Rochester, New York
Department of Speech-Language Pathology
8AM-4:30PM; Monday through Friday, with some weekends and holidays
Position: Full-time, 40 hour per week, at the outpatient clinic.
Benefits include: Free TUITION reimbursement for employees and qualifying dependents*. *inquire for details.
About the Client:
- Hospital is a leading healthcare institution located in Rochester, NY between Lake Ontario and the Finger Lakes region.
- Hospital is a Level 1 Trauma Center accommodating approximately 800 acute inpatient beds.
- Hospital is Region`s only Comprehensive Stroke Center and also holds an Acute Rehabilitation Unit that is both CARF and Magnet accredited.
- Busy medical setting offers motivated and committed clinicians an excellent opportunity for professional growth and clinical variety.
This candidate would be primarily responsible for evaluating and treating speech, language, cognitive, and swallowing impairments in a population of patients with neurological and / or neurodegenerative diseases.
In addition to responsibilities in the outpatient clinic, the candidate will also be responsible for rotating weekends and holidays covering inpatients at the hospital.
Knowledge in the assessment and treatment of voice and upper airway disorders is desired but not required.
For candidates without this experience, training in the assessment and treatment of voice and upper airway disorders may be required in the future to prepare the candidate to work in the interdisciplinary Voice Clinic.
Candidates should be highly motivated, independent, work well as part of a team and be ready to work in a busy, fast-paced outpatient clinical environment.
Job Description / Position Summary:
- The Speech Language Pathologist should have a strong foundation of knowledge in neurological disorders that impact speech, cognition, swallowing, breathing and language, including such diagnoses of stroke, brain injury, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson`s disease, and multiple systems atrophy, among others.
- Potential candidates should have knowledge of current research and treatments for these diagnoses.
- Experience in the administration and interpretation of fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing (FEES) and modified barium swallow studies is also required.
- Knowledge and experience in the assessment and treatment of voice disorders, PFVM and chronic cough is a plus.
- Completion of M.A. or M.S. degree in an accredited speech-language pathology program at time of start date.
- Candidate must have current NYS licensure and Certificate of Clinical Competency (CCC) from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association.
- Previous clinical experience providing direct patient care in a medical setting and prior use of electronic medical records (EMR) is preferred.
- Potential candidates should have 5+ years of experience.
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: