Job #: 4565
Title: HVAC Engineer
Job Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This position is for an experienced engineer responsible for working with the Senior Mechanical Engineer in the design of mechanical systems for various project building types. These systems include: load analysis, equipment sizing, ductwork sizing, design of hydronic systems and the ability to coordinate this information with the project design. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Coordinate the work of the mechanical design team through the schematic design development and construction document phase of a project.
- May establish meetings and participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance.
- May conduct work sessions or meetings at project site in conjunction with the Project Manager and other disciplines.
- Involved in the preparation of building models and detailed contract documents.
- Is responsible to coordinate workload to complete the documents on schedule.
- Responsible for the technical coordination of projects with other internal disciplines and outside consultants to ensure that conflicts do not exist in the documents.
- Coordinate and assist with affected disciplines that have any addendum requests for information, change proposal requests, and/or change orders and is responsible to incorporate agreed upon changes into the project documents.
- Completes work in a timely manner and alerts the Senior Mechanical Engineer and team members when a change in scope of work changes.
- Provide control strategies for project budget overruns.
- Attend scheduled team meetings and be an active participant.
- Coordinates use and tracks shared electronic documentation and files with internal and external project team members including clients, contractors and consultants.
- Determines and promotes the best use of design software/technology for presentation and production purposes. Examples include Revit, AutoCAD, BSD Speclink and other emerging technologies.
- May lead team meetings and activities including Lessons Learned sessions.
- An ambassador for company-wide values and ethical standards of practice.
- Assist the Senior Mechanical Engineer in monitoring budget and schedule.
- Works with the Senior Mechanical Engineer to provide control strategies for project budget overruns.
- Oversees and produces contract documents that are efficient and consistent with the scope of work, schedule and fee allotted to complete the work
- Identifies and works with the Senior Mechanical Engineer toward solutions when inconsistencies occur as they relate to design and documentation.
- BSME or BSAS with specialty in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent in education.
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years of experience.
- Knowledge of Revit and AutoCad, required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation skills
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: