Job #: 25775
Title: Transportation Dispatcher
Job Location: Elkhorn, Nebraska - United States
Salary: $70,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Location: Elkhorn, NE
Wage: $70k - $85k / year
A local agricultural based company in Elkhorn, NE is seeking a Transportation Dispatcher to be responsible for planning, directing, dispatching and administering the companys transportation policy, and perform communication functions to secure economical services of transportation entities. This position will report to the Elkhorn, NE Dispatch Manager. JOB DESCRIPTION
What you get to do:
- Develops programs and procedures for efficient flow of products in and out of customers and suppliers to end users.
- Manage and direct internal and external truck drivers through accountability, team work, and structure.
- Determine specifications of truck tractors and trailers best suited to handle the various products and routes of company.
- Set rates and market zones, communicate with staff accountants and merchandisers that assist with transportation and logistics.
- Work closely with internal department heads for efficient operation and communication providing the best customer service possible.
- Submit recommendations for development of company policies and procedures and compliance with various State and Federal transportation laws and regulations.
- Conduct continuous analyses of vehicle and driver assignments and analyzes scheduling for possible consolidation, and/or transport from most economical mill, and review and revise truck and driver scheduling to increase efficiency lower costs.
- Analyze carrier performance, rates, and market zones and initiates preparation and distribution of proposed operational changes, and submits analyses of data and rescheduling recommendations to sales, operations and management.
- Obtain insurance documentation and transportation service agreements from carriers.
What we need from you:
- Bachelors degree or higher: Agricultural background preferred
- 2 to 5 years experience in truck fleet management and dispatching preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Federal and State transportation laws, regulations and compliance
- Strong customer service commitment and good written and verbal communication skills
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: