Job #: 26418
Title: Western Regional Sales Manager / Sales Engineer
Job Location: Los Angeles, California - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Companies Like Eaton OR ABB
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We have placed over 50 people with this client from the GM/president level down to engineering. We`ve worked with over 15 of their divisions and have an outstanding partnership. They are a $5B US, publicly traded diversified global manufacturer. This role exists with a $75M division (we placed GM, Director of Sales, and two sales managers in the last year). They manufacturer and mostly sell direct into OEMs power instrumentation. Competitors are going to be ABB, Schneider Electric, etc... The role is the entire Western US, it is home office based, and travel will be 50-70%. States are everything in the West and Western Canada. The base has a max of $125K with a 30% target, company car, 401K match, etc... We`re looking for a hunter who can develop new accounts but also be an account manager. I would estimate hunting/farming at 70%/30% MUST HAVE AN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING DEGREE OR EQUIVALENT. JOB DESCRIPTION
Regional Sales Manager
West USA; Home Office
Base salary target $110-120K, 30% Monthly Commission, 401K Match, Full Benefits
We have an immediate need for an experienced Regional Sales Manager to join a successful, growing global manufacturer of electronic instruments and devices (over $4B in size, this division is ~<$100M). We seek a strong sales hunter to find new business opportunities, facilitate the development of new market strategies and maintain existing accounts ($5-8M region). This is a global, multi-site business, profitable, dynamic group of people and impressive products.
Products manufactured are high quality, and have various applications (utility, power generation, transmission, distribution). This group is working with custom instrumentation & intelligent products. This role reports directly to the Director of Sales & Marketing. In this role you will own your territory. Candidates for this position must be willing to travel up to 20-40% and work out of his/her home office anywhere in the Western States.
- Develop strategic customer accounts & cultivate new business opportunities
- Identify new products and market opportunities
- Develop winning strategies for new business pursuits for assigned territories
- Prepare multiyear quote proposals, manage sales/engineering/customer interface, pricing, negotiations, marketing analysis
- Ensure that the sales channel supports new product development goals of engineering and growth objectives of the business
- Establish and maintain key customer relations and ties to new development programs
- Support financial reporting including forecasting, budgets, and quarterly reporting requirements
- Bachelor`s Degree (B.S. or B.A.) in a technical or related field (electrical or mechanical engineering preferred). Non technical degrees will be considered.
- 5-15+ years direct sales experience; of mechanical or electronic products
- Must have history of developing new accounts and growing sales - hunter mentality is a must
- Must be able to travel domestically (20-50%) and occasionally internationally
- Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: