Job #: 5041
Title: Process Engineer
Job Location: Tupelo, Mississippi - United States
Salary: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great opportunity for a Flexible Film Process Engineer. Client is a global leader in the packaging industry. This division is committed to achieving market leadership through product differentiation and innovation, focusing on new packaging solutions that add value for our customers. They provide flexible packaging solutions to the medical device, pharmaceutical, and food industries. JOB DESCRIPTION
This is an opportunity for a Process Engineer who has a proven track record of improvements to take a hands-on position and contribute to the success of the company. This is a chance to join a growing company where you will also have ample advancement opportunities and contributions are recognized and rewarded.
* Blown film or cast film extrusion
* Troubleshooting and Optimization
* Competent in use of statistics and SPC (Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
* Directed the Optimization of process conditions in order to improve product capability for current production and increased cost savings.
* Utilized DOE techniques during line qualifications, production rate increases, and scrap improvements
* Created documented Casting setups enabling improved process capability and increased process window
* Provided suggestions for equipment replacement and upgrades to improve efficiency, capability and increase production rates.
Must have a BS in engineering with a preference for ChemE or ME
Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience with varied manufacturing processes such as extrusion, printing, laminating and converting.
Demonstrated flexibility within a high performance work environment and matrix managed organization.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with professional presentation and negotiation skills.
Experience with varied manufacturing processes such as extrusion, printing, laminating and converting.
Knowledge of statistical techniques and tools, their use and interpretation
Requires ability to manage a project and process involving multiple manufacturing areas, plants, and across various portions of the business.
Has demonstrated ability to work independently and focus on critical project parameters that determine success of failure.
Knowledge of statistics and DMAIC methodology preferred
Designed experiments, Lean Six Sigma, SPC or equivalent experience preferred
Self-starter capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
Comply with all established facility safety rules and policies.
Attend and participate in monthly safety meetings.
Report unsafe conditions or injuries immediately.
Works around rotating equipment, hot polymers, and high noise environments.
Required to wear safety shoes as well as standard PPE.
Exposed to various chemicals throughout the site.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: