Job #: 5057
Title: R&D Mechatronics / Systems Engineer (Kansas location) #8267
Job Location: Olathe, Kansas - United States
Salary: $85,000.00 - $95,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
People with ties to Midwest best
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
R&D Mechatronics / Systems Engineer
If your interest in Engineering extends beyond just the component to an entire system this may be the design engineering position for you. Our client a key global player in container and material handling equipment and is seeking an individual to design and develop systems with Mechatronics concepts into the equipment and components of on and off highway mobile equipment.
You will have the opportunity to predetermine items and procedures needed to build product to customer specifications, construct drawings, layouts, assemblies and bills of material, as well as monitor existing product documentation. The role will encompass all aspects of the truck design and must have the capability of integrating mechatronics into truck chassis and cabins where the product systems include hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical systems, structures and powertrain JOB DESCRIPTION
Understand/Develop/Update/Maintain the vehicle requirements that must be implemented in the controls and electrical network architecture. Document electrical and controls best practices and design guides.
Develop Network Databases for CAN, LIN, and Ethernet involving vehicle network topologies; and incorporate current vehicle architecture and plan upgrades.
Develop Electronic Component Communication Specifications; along with executable models of vehicle network behavior.
Perform analysis of modelled vehicle networks and implemented vehicle networks for common network design problems, e.g. loading, latency, fault tolerance, quality of service.
Participate/Lead design reviews, DFMEAs and develop and manage validation plans; frequent team progress updates to direct manager as needed.
Ensures the use of engineering standards, methodologies and global product development processes into engineering teams daily work tasks. QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor Degree in Mechatronics or Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or EE degree with emphasis on electro mechanical studies. MS Degree is highly desired.
- Minimum of 5+ years of knowledge and experience developing and/or designing mechanical systems and components, including electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic control systems involving mechatronic design and desired is experience with truck-tractor or mobile equipment designs construction or agricultural equipment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; be able to demonstrate knowledge of lean principles; theoretical and applied knowledge of scrum development methodologies.
- Strong skills in ECAD system and good skills in 3D MCAD systems, CATIA V5 experience preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Project.
Location: Olathe, KS area Salary: Competitive Solid Benefits & Relocation assistance
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: