Job #: 4978
Title: Commodity Manager
Job Location: Greensboro, North Carolina - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Commodity Manager Greensboro, N. C. Gas Pumps JOB DESCRIPTION
The Commodity Manager is responsible for commodity leadership, strategy, and implementation of key procurement processes within the assigned commodities. The Commodity Manager will manage and lead Strategic Buyers and the assigned supply base to ensure Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Innovation expectations are achieved for the given commodities. The Commodity Manager will develop and implement the commodity strategies to ensure organizational objectives are met.
II. Key Responsibilities
- Act as primary interface for the company and its customers in communication to suppliers.
- Ensure suppliers in assigned commodities meet companys Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Innovation requirements through supplier performance monitoring and regular business reviews, and implement action plans to develop/re-source suppliers where necessary.
- Develop commodity strategy for the applicable commodities and drive an action plan to implement this strategy, including the reduction of supply chain complexity, supplier rationalization, and risk mitigation.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers for long-term supply agreements to ensure coverage on Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Innovation year-over-year commitments.
- Initiate and manage continuous cost improvement projects (PPV / VAVE) to meet and exceed year-over-year material cost savings budget/forecast.
- Collaborate with team to build cost savings funnel projects through the leadership of sourcing workshops/reviews, ideation sessions with suppliers, etc. and manage the projects through the iSource project management system.
- Conduct commodity and industry trend analysis to show future trends for the assigned commodities as related to cost drivers, new technologies, etc.
- Collaborate with Advanced Procurement team regarding new product sourcing strategies and preferred suppliers for early supplier involvement.
- Support Fortive Corporate Procurement team as Supplier Relationship Manager for those suppliers identified as Grow across Fortive with whom the company has the most to spend.
- Manage a team of Buyers to support the objectives of the overall group and work with each associate on continued growth and development.
- Develop relationships with suppliers
- Interface with Engineering, Marketing, Finance, and Operations
- Partner with Advanced Procurement team for New Product Introduction
- Align with Supplier Quality Engineering team on commodity/sourcing strategies
- Support Fortive Corporate Procurement team
III. Measures of Performance
- Supplier Quality PPM
- Supplier On-Time Delivery
- Supplier VMI/JIT Program Support
- Material Productivity Savings (PPV/VAVE)
- Spend with Grow Suppliers
- Suppliers Best Cost/Low Cost Sourcing (BCR/LCR)
- Material Productivity Project Funnel
- DPO Improvement
- Supplier Contractual Coverage
. Background and Skill
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred.
- Bachelor`s degree in Business or related field is preferred. Bachelor`s degree in Engineering or related field with technical experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 8 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience and 2 years of supervisory experience (preferred).
- Experience with Sourcing, Procurement, and Supplier Management; knowledge of all purchasing functions and how they relate to production and engineering.
- Strong leadership, management, and teambuilding capabilities with the ability to operate independently, affect change across functions, and have a track record of delivered results (required).
- Exceptional negotiation, written and verbal communication/presentation skills (required).
- Highly effective project management skills with a complete understanding of business process and the ability to integrate multiple resources for integrated solutions; execute flawlessly with high attention to detail (required).
- Strong problem solving and ability to assess the needs of the business and design and implement the best solutions (required).
VI. Personal Trait Profile
- Collaborative decision-making and work style and comfortable with working through gray/ambiguous areas.
- Ability to influence others - must be able to inform, convince and persuade others to action on key initiatives.
- Ability to lead a team(s), including members from multiple disciplines and/or companies provide direction and support to others; while succeeding in a matrix organization.
- Creative thinker with the ability to provide both strategic and tactical direction who is detail-oriented but also able to see the big picture.
- Effective leadership and communications - must be able to effectively communicate in both written and verbal forms.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Effective at driving change and managing teams to achieve desired results. Capable of articulating a vision or plan, gaining organizational commitment to action, and managing through others to achieve results.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: