Job #: 27435
Title: Ultrasonographer (Vascular Cardiology) RVDCS or RVT
Job Location: Zanesville, Ohio - United States
Salary: $55,000.00 - $70,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: $4000 Sign On
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are recruiting an Ultrasonographer (Vascular Cardiology) RVDCS or RVT for an expanding not for profit Healthcare System located in East Central Ohio- 1 hour East of COlumbus and 2 hours West of Pittsburgh and Wheeling.
Comprehensive benefits package: medical, prescription, dental, vision, life, disability, 403B with employer matching, employer-sponsored pension, Paid Time Off, free employee health services, credit union, fitness center, child care and sick child care, one-mile walking/running trail etc.)
Great healthcare system located about 1 hour east of Columbus, OH and 2 hours west of Pittsburgh! Rural city with rolling hills located in eastern central OH.
If you love to golf, this is the city for you! There are also 2 state parks in the area with hiking, boating, swimming opportunities, etc. Antiques and pottery are big business in this area as are Longaberger baskets. Sports leagues include: sand volleyball, softball, etc. There are several choices of fitness centers (average cost to join for one person is $250/year). A choice 1 bedroom apartment will cost ~ $475 -650/ month. JOB DESCRIPTION
Ultrasonographer (Vascular Cardiology)
Reports to manager of Heart & Vascular Diagnostics
36 hours/week; day shift with start times varying beginning at 6:30a
RDCS or RVT designation required
Experience with stress echo and TEE preferred; Pediatric experience a plus
Call is required and will be no less than every 4th week/evenings and weekend. Weekends involve stress echos ordered by the cardiologists and "due today" or "stat" order
~20 other sonographers on staff
$26.07 - $35.05/hr
$4,000 sign-on bonus
Relocation assistance negotiable
- Effectively uses functions of the hospital information system (HIS), cardiovascular information system, and other information systems to process and review appropriate patient information and studies (Order entry, registration, etc.).
- Operates medical diagnostic ultrasound equipment to complete a variety of procedures including cardiac and vascular as appropriate; effectively and safely operates related medical / patient monitoring & support equipment; assures satisfactory working order of equipment and makes appropriate contacts for trouble-shooting.
- Consistently produces quality diagnostic exams, individualizing technical factors, scanning parameters and patient positioning as required by each procedure.
- Demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to provide basic care for the patient population of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Assumes call status as necessary during off hours for emergency procedures.
- Assists in establishing, assessing and maintaining PAR levels.
- Maintains knowledge of criteria and demonstrates appropriate intervention for urgent abnormal echos or vascular studies that would change the patient care plan (i.e. documents appropriately, informs appropriate staff, informs cardiologist or vascular surgeon)
- Applies appropriate criteria for the use of image enhancing agents as well as the ability to complete the following specialty studies, acquiring appropriate images in a timely manner: Stress Echocardiography, TEE, TCI and pacemaker studies.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform Pediatric studies, obtaining appropriate images and following appropriate procedures for transmission of select studies to other facilities as needed.
- Participates in clinical training of ultrasound students and new employees by providing instruction, supervision and evaluation.
- Certification by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (or equivalent) in the appropriate area (Cardiac, Vascular). If registry eligible upon hire, must obtain certification within 18 months of employment.
- Ability to communicate well in an oral and written manner.
- Ability to demonstrate good interpersonal skills and ability to relate closely with patients.
- Ability to demonstrate patience, judgment, imagination, and initiative.
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: