Job #: 27496
Title: Electrical Design Engineer Pac NW Oct 2019
Job Location: Seattle, Washington - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $130,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Why work for RAs client:
At their core, they are an idea company, which is driving expansion and revenue growth. RAs client is customer driven, and designs application specific products which fit the individual needs of their customers. This requires highly motivated and dedicated teams. You will have the opportunity to be innovative in your work as we are constantly evolving our products and solving new problems with our customers. We owe our success to our people. We take great pride in investing in our team and strive to continually grow and improve our company and culture.
Employees love what they do. RAs clients goal is to go above and beyond for each other and their customers. Our teams are creative, smart and talented which makes each project exciting. You will have plenty of guidance and support to help us continue moving our impactful technology to the next level.
RAs clients multi-national parent company, shares the same core values, and supports both their team and their drive for continuous innovation in laser technology. Our client is proud to be part of one of the largest technology companies led by a woman.
Things employees love here:
- Great benefits including generous PTO Plan, 401K plan with matching, medical/dental/vision insurance, and fitness reimbursement.
- We support learning and do provide educational assistance.
- Work/life balance in order to get the best out of our employees, we promote success in and out of workplace.
- Team outings that are family oriented.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other classes protected by law. JOB DESCRIPTION
Electrical Design Engineer Oct 2019
Seattle, WA, to 130k
Please be someone working in an electromechanical, or electro-optical products / technology driven company.
Founded 20 years ago RAs client is a leader in designing and manufacturing high-end molecular gas lasers. RAs clients lasers are implemented in a wide range of applications from industrial, high-performance, to biomedical and scientific R&D, and our customers range from multi-national companies to individual researchers.
We are currently seeking a full-time Electrical-Engineer to complement our Engineering Team to develop novel electronic circuits and systems for our application specific molecular gas lasers.
The new Electrical Engineer will work on a diverse range of analog/digital circuit design, power supply design, control systems, and will collaborate with other engineers for improving the existing designs.
On a daily basis you will:
- Work as part of a small dedicated engineering team to design, prototype, and test application-specific analog/digital circuits and systems for molecular laser products.
- Typical design project involves circuit design/analysis, schematic capture, PCB layout, prototyping, and hands-on testing in the lab.
- Support compliance/engineering team by generating, reviewing, and executing regulatory compliance test plans
- Support sustaining activities of existing products including minor design changes, dealing with obsolescence issues, improving yield and manufacturability, etc.
- Participate in all concept, preliminary, and critical design reviews.
What you bring:
- B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 5 years of experience or a M.Sc with at least 3 years of experience.
- Experience in designing and testing analog and digital circuits, power electronic circuitry for industrial electronic equipment or consumer devices (such as switch mode power supply units, DC-DC inverters)
- Experience in designing control/feedback systems using Microcontroller/FPGA.
- Experience with EDA tools for simulations and PCB layout (e.g. Altium, LT-Spice)
- Experience with Electrical safety, ESD, EMC, and EMI testing (emissions and immunity)
- General knowledge of regulatory compliance process involving regulatory bodies/standards such as CE and FCC
- Familiarity with non-linear simulation tools (such as ADS, AWR)
- Competency with RF measurement and lab test equipment (e.g. network & spectrum analyzers, power meter, oscilloscope, etc.)
Other desired skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Promote scientific rigor, methodological problem-solving, and individual skills advancement within the companys technical team.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to perform in a fast-pace and multidisciplinary product development environment.
- Provide engineering and technical support to operations for all products released for manufacturing:
- Quality issues.
- Component issues; end-of-life, quality, shortages, long lead times, etc.
- Risk mitigation; testing and validation for alternate component sourcing, process/procedure experiments, etc.
- Documentation: assembly drawings, fabrication drawings, Golden-sample schematics, etc.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: