Job #: 27843
Title: Accounting Manager
Job Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: + bonus, competitive salary & benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great opportunity to become part of a new team and join this growing company located in Grand Rapids, Michigan! JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is seeking a strong Accounting Professional to join the team and oversee day-to-day accounting, banking (and some HR related activity.) This person will lead a team of 2 AR/AP staff. Our ideal candidate will have 5 7 yrs. experience, solid in Accounting, ERP Systems (Great Plains would be extremely valuable), and have some people management experience. QUALIFICATIONS
- AR & AP - manage AR & AP; provide leadership and guidance to the team.
- Banking - administer banking activities/daily banking; prepare bank reconciliations, review with Controller.
- Insurance coordinate renewals.
- Payroll - administer/prepare bi-weekly payroll.
- HR - administer healthcare and 401k benefit plans and renewals (w/CFO oversight.)
- Management and maintenance of the GL/ensure financial compliance.
- Process month end journal entries, prepare B/S reconciliations for review and approval.
- Administer fixed assets.
- Assist with audits.
- Work with ERP system.
- Accounting/Finance degree required; CPA, CMA and/or MBA a plus.
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
- Proficient with MS Excel and Word.
- Previous experience with Great Plains/Microsoft Dynamics GP, ERP.
- Strong work ethic; positive attitude; works very well with others, motivated to do well/excel.
- Leadership ability.
- Highly effective communication skills both written and oral.
- Effective problem solving / critical thinking / analytical skills.
- Team player.
- Fit with team/culture critical.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: