Job #: 4918
Title: Product Line Design Engineer
Job Location: Des Moines, Iowa - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: They are targeting $100,000 but will flex - thye have a bouns plan to work with
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
The closer to the Sioux city atrea the better
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Product Line Design Engineer
Key opportunity with one my long time clients seeking an engineer looking to progress into an Engineering Director Level position in the next few years.
Retirements are looming within this fine organization that has implemented a succession program for the future and is looking for the person wanting the career path into management and utilize their leadership ability.
If you are a decision maker; bring foresight and the interest in working with large equipment and over the road vehicles; this may be the opportunity for you.
You will find yourself responsible for the operation of an entire product line and engineering department including processes, work produced and personnel. You will set the pace and develop sound, cost effective and industry leading designs.
Establish warranty process and programs; matters relating to product liability, safety, and patent protection; division budgets and other management matters related to all contract services (testing, hiring, etc.). JOB DESCRIPTION
- Bachelor of Science with Mechanical, Civil, Agricultural, or Structural Engineering designation. Highly desired is an individual with PE or prepared to sit for exam within a year.
- Seeking about 10 years of experience in design and development from the heavy mobile equipment industry involving on or off road equipment with strong desire for chassis, frames, truck trailers, agricultural equipment trailers and or livestock.
- Technical skills must include proficiency with 3D modeling and FEA experience; understanding and experience with welded structures, fastened structures, & fabrication practices; along with knowledge in applications of hydraulic and pneumatics.
- Leadership in place to supervise other engineers and drafting staff; and willingness to progress to director level in the future.
- Capable of demonstrating problem resolution; decisions making; team involvement; functional involvement with continuous improvement & support Lean manufacturing; and possess a solid and successful work track record.
- Seeking an outgoing and personable personality; experience with customer contact to be able to sell ideas and influence others; organized to communicate effectively.
- Professional presentation and demonstrate command of the English Language; capable of obtaining US Passport for some travel which may include travel outside US on occasion ( Canada, Mexico, & possibly others).
I need a PE licensise or a person capable of obtaing one.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: