Job #: 27879
Title: Linux System Administrator - Windows / Desktop Support
Job Location: Arlington, Virginia - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Linux System Administrator - Seven Corners, VA - US citizen strongly preferred - Compensation: DOE
World leader in the research & development of advanced information processing, computing, and communications technologies.
- This organization is involved with advanced R&D for such organizations such as DARPA.
- The Arlington location is one of 3 campuses nationwide and this is one of the smaller offices with between 25 and 50 users.
- You will be working with some very smart people involved with the most advanced technology.
- In time they may want you to move into the cleared space by getting you a security clearance.
- They have three research campuses: one in Marina Del Rey, CA; one in Arlington, VA; and one in Waltham, MA.
- *This position is primarily located in Arlington, VA. Periodic travel to Waltham MA on a quarterly basis or as needed for emergency on-site work.
- My client is seeking a well-rounded System Administrator to support core institute IT infrastructure operations and end user support.
- You will have the opportunity to work with other highly skilled technology experts on complex systems and interesting technical challenges.
" Manage, support, and upgrade (software and hardware) the infrastructure, desktop operations and general facilities.
" Proactively identify and resolve system reliability and performance concerns including network devices and applications.
" Provide analytical and technical expertise on system integration, installation, replacement and upgrades of servers and operating systems.
" Provide support for corporate and classified network related connectivity for corporate network working in conjunction with network engineering team.
" Develop and maintain appropriate system documentation. Formulate standards for system management.
" Participate in the "on-call" rotation acting as the first responder for the team to emergency after hours calls on critical systems.
- Desktop support is essential. Help provisioning Windows, Mac and linux desktop/laptop and assist in day to day troubleshoot with peripherals.
- Our office users are quite tech savvy besides only a handful of administrative users would need more closer attention. Other than that are more adhoc support to users.
Bachelor`s degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
5 years professional systems administration experience with the understanding and strong technical knowledge of and experience with systems administration, backups, operating systems programming/scripting languages and associated hardware platforms and end user/endpoint support.
Possesses the required knowledge to build, configure, load and restore a system from the ground up and network troubleshoot.
" Experience with NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53, and/or the DSS Risk Management Framework
" CISSP or similar security credential
" Implementation of L2 networks, particularly with Cisco, HPE, Aruba, and/or Arista gear
" Automation and Orchestration: e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Powershell, Vagrant, Ruby, and/or Python
" Deploying and supporting common open source software packages
Must HAVE (Please only apply/send if you have these)
- US citizen (May consider a U.S. permanent resident)
- Bachelor`s degree in a relevant field such as computer science, computer information systems, etc. OR equivalent combined education, training, and experience
- VMware virtualization platform management
- RHEL, CentOS and/or Ubuntu (or similar), Active Directory /Exchange / Windows Server
- Security hardening and patching of information systems including network, servers, desktop/laptop and mobile devices including documentation and creating audit reports
- Network: Intranet, Ethernet and Internet connectivity and topology management and troubleshoot.
- Storage: NAS, DAS, SAN setup and Backup management
- Rack/Stack, configure, maintain physical hardware equipment
- Deploy and maintain end user Linux, Mac and Windows workstations - desktop, laptop, printer and peripherals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong candidates will be self-motivated and ready to engage in lively technical give-and-take.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: