Job #: 27982
Title: Lead/ Electrical Engineering Supervisor - Power
Job Location: Bakersfield, California - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Senior EE position but the client wants some supervisory experience and promotability to management. JOB DESCRIPTION
Excellent high desert/ mountainous location for the outdoors type without the expense of the crowded coastal areas of California. Located in the Bakersfield/ Mojave/ Ridgecrest area. In this very large 500+ person inorganics production facility you will supervise the electrical engineering and construction team, and provide electrical engineering expertise in direct support of capital projects and plant operations. You will be responsible for providing electrical systems design, specification, installation, testing, startup, problem solving and technical support working closely with various groups within and outside the company. Compliance with applicable State and Federal Codes, Standards and Regulations related to safety and the environment is an important part of this position.
Some specific responsibilities include the following:
* Responsible leading the electrical project group. Provide professional electrical engineering, design, and construction oversight for capital projects, both individually and as electrical group leader; work with engineering, management and operations to develop, execute and manage electrical projects; provide planning, problem solving, coordination and technical assistance for resolving electrical issues within the company.
* Develop, lead and mentor electrical engineering and project group team members.
* As a member of the Central Engineering (CE) team, provide electrical engineering support and coordination within the CE group toward the successful completion of projects assigned.
* Maintain a strong knowledge of electrical distribution systems, equipment and protection.
* Keep abreast of code changes and technical advances. QUALIFICATIONS
To be considered you need the following:
* BS in electrical engineering (power)
* At least 10 years of experience, including at least 5 years in an industrial environment with at least 3 years in a leadership position.
* Extensive experience in power with PLC`s HMls, AC/DC drives and motors, low and medium power distribution, substations and power distribution equipment (transformers, circuit breakers, cables, etc.) through the 15 kV level.
* Must have a solid understanding of electrical engineering standards and practices; electrical and instrumentation (E&I) field applications; and a basic understanding of mechanical engineering practices.
* Strong knowledge and practical experience with electrical power system design and calculation software.
* Excellent knowledge of OSHA, NEC and National Electrical Safety Code standards and industrial electrical standards.
* Six Sigma experience a plus
* PE is a plus
* Must have the legal right to work indefinitely in the United States or be a Canadian or Mexican citizen.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: