Job #: 28123
Title: Director of Transportation
Job Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: competitive salary, benefits package and bonus offered
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great opportunity to join this growing organization in West Michigan! JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client a West Michigan based Food Distribution Company is looking for a Director of Transportation to be a part of their fast-paced, growing organization! This position will lead transportation of outbound and inbound product as well as the direct transportation business with our growing group of customers. This is an opportunity to continue the growth of the business by promoting an energetic environment, discipline, dedication, and remarkable customer care. If you are a motivated leader and self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, then this is your opportunity for a rewarding career with excellent income and growth potential.
- Lead and mentor a team of brokers, dispatch, drivers and administrative staff.
- Implement and maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Support safety policies and procedures in compliance with local state and federal Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) as well as Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations.
- Utilize LMS technology to support corporate growth and quality goals
- Manage and improve relationships with 3PLs.
- Participates in senior management meetings to discuss key business initiatives, compliance, financial updates, and operational performance
- Manage and reduce risk through compliance, safety, and efficiency
- Ensures Food defense and knowledge of safeguards for temperature and refrigeration to avoid cross-contamination to include proper food labeling and security of trailers.
- Bachelors in a related field and 8+ years experience in food distribution
- Extensive knowledge of the transportation industry and Federal/State transportation compliance requirements
- Knowledge of transportation technology, routing systems, mobile solutions, and fleet management
- Ability to manage financial reports and accountability for budget
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Displays optimism and inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision for the company, providing inspiration to peers and subordinates
- Strong planning, time management, and organizational skills
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: