Job #: 28153
Title: Regional Rotating Equipment Engineer
Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia - United States
Salary: $90,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 10-20% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Based out of this worldwide company`s Northwest Hub, there are lots of national opportunities for growth. Excellent work environment if you do not mind some travel (Up to 40%). JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client, a multi-billion dollar worldwide chemical company, has a need for a Rotating Equipment Machinery Engineer for the Southeast, based out of Atlanta GA or Houston, TX. In this role you will ensure that all operational plants within the region are capable and effectively managed for safety, reliability, efficiency and service, in compliance with company and regulatory standards, in order to achieve the regional supply objectives and plans. You will be tasked with providing direct rotating machinery expertise and support to the regional teams to ensure that all rotating machinery operates safely, reliably and efficiently, at the lowest life cycle cost.
You will lead the identification, development and implementation of solutions for rotating machinery issues at all locations within the region. You will also lead and support the execution of short, medium and longer-term maintenance, improvement and relife projects in support of the supply chain performance objectives. You will be asked to relentlessly drive for continuous improvement and manage a plan to continually build on and improve the processes currently in place.
- Support the Head of Supply in achieving key outcomes in safety, reliability, efficiency, cost and customer service.
- Supports the Regional Reliability and Maintenance team by establishing a culture of safety in working and in the execution of all aspects of the team`s role requirements.
- Ensures compliance with all safety, health, environmental and quality standards within the region.
- Provides technical, troubleshooting and maintenance support to all manufacturing plants within the region for all rotating machinery, including large compressors, turbines, pumps, gearboxes, chillers and associated fixed and auxiliary equipment.
- Ensures the reliable and efficient operation of all rotating machinery within the region
- Assess the technical competency of mechanical contractors and service providers to ensure proper scope is assigned and the expected quality is received.
- Identifies, defines, estimates, budgets, develops, plans and executes rotating machinery turnaround maintenance activities, improvement and relife projects within the region.
- Provides rotating machinery scope, estimation and execution support to the Projects Group for large improvement and relife projects within the region.
- Represent the regions rotating machinery reliability interests in the proposal and project commercialization process, including scope and spares input and new plant acceptance.
- Completes regional rotating machinery reviews of major EMOCs for completeness and consistency with technical standards.
- Leads or supports root cause analysis and ensures timely action item closure.
- Supports the effort for continuous improvement through GAP and Six Sigma programs.
- Working with the Regional Supply Manager, identifies and develops and delivers technical machinery training for the region.
- Demonstrates HPO continuous improvement by sharing best practices employed or developed in RBU NA and adopt best practices identified by global peers.
- Ensures that applicable material procurement and control processes are consistent with company standards for corporate governance.
- Interpersonal skills:
- Excellent leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Possesses strong communications skills at all levels
- Strong drive to follow through to completion on projects and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work cohesively in a team environment or independently as required
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and improve existing processes/programs
- Knowledgeable in plant operations. Can effectively identify and evaluate technical and business process opportunities and translate to financial terms to support investment and business case development
- Continuous improvement drive and ability to implement change in a geographically diverse organization. Relentless drive to challenge the status quo.
- Management by influence experience delivering results in a highly matrixed organization and the ability to influence others to deliver results.
- Self starter with the ability to manage multiple activities and achieve results with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven experience in the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of rotating machinery, including large compressors, turbines, pumps, gearboxes, chillers and associated fixed and auxiliary equipment
- Proven experience in Root Cause Analysis, Cause and Effect or FMEA methodologies
- Proven experience and knowledge of predictive maintenance methodologies and technologies
- Proven understanding of regulatory and industry standards and codes
- Level II vibration analysis certification preferred
- Air Separation experience and knowledge preferred
- Experience with CMMS systems required, SAP PM preferred
- Demonstrated exceptional operational safety leadership
- Bachelor Degree: Engineering required, preferably Mechanical
- Minimum 7 years of experience with industrial rotating equipment, with at least 5 years in an operational and engineering environment
- Professional qualifications and licensing preferred
- Six Sigma qualification a plus
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: