Job #: 28245
Title: Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Job Location: Bakersfield, California - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This company has a number of engineers who will be retiring leaving lots of room for advancement. JOB DESCRIPTION
Excellent high desert/ mountainous location for the outdoors type without the expense of the crowded coastal areas of California. Located in the Bakersfield/ Mojave/ Ridgecrest area. In this very large 500+ person inorganics production facility you will provide electrical power and distribution engineering expertise in direct support of maintenance and operations. An important focus of this work will be to help determine the most effective maintenance approach to provide the operating facilities with the required reliability and availability at the least cos. Compliance with applicable State and Federal Codes, Standards and Regulations related to safety and the environment is an important part of this position.
Some specific responsibilities include the following:
Develop, execute and manage maintenance and improvement activities aimed at maintaining/improving asset availability and reliability. Restore equipment to base conditioninherent levels of reliability and safetywhen deterioration occurs.
* Develop detailed project specifications including drawings, data sheets, etc. in full compliance with recognized industry standards, safety standards and various client specifications.
* Direct and coordinate maintenance activities to restore equipment on schedule and within prescribed budget.
* Identify and manage relationships with OEM and preferred equipment manufacturers, specialists, and technical support consultants.
Continuously improve the maintenance operating system (MOS). Identify the most cost-effective and applicable maintenance techniques to minimize the risk and impact of failure in facility electrical equipment and systems.
* Work directly with engineers in other areas to identify asset issues, recommend resolutions and maintain or increase overall production reliability.
* Identify and correct chronic, repetitive and costly electrical equipment problems.
* Support turnarounds, planned and unplanned outages, major electrical equipment overhauls, routine and non-routine repairs.
* Interact with CMMS system to create and track purchase requisitions, asset history, etc., analyzing trends to recommend improvements to increase asset and plant uptime.
Provide electrical engineering support to maintenance and operations teams. Obtain the information necessary for design improvement for equipment and systems where inherent reliability is inadequate.
* Provide engineering support as needed and be on-call for critical plant/asset electrical failures.
* Work closely with manufacturing team at all levels to resolve technical issues, applying engineering and technical skills to design, optimize and troubleshoot electrical equipment.
* Support Central Engineering group in reviewing equipment specifications and equipment selection, monitoring installation and successful startup of mechanical equipment in specific facility.
* Mentor maintenance technicians by training, coaching, and assessing the maintenance improvement tools.
Improve equipment and system reliability, safety and sustainability at minimum total cost. Perform technical analysis, testing, calculations, and evaluation of results to solve complex engineering and reliability problems.
* Lead failure analysis (FMEA and RCA) of electrical systems/equipment and educate both maintenance and production technicians after failure analysis.
* Develop and maintain reliability metrics, scorecards, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for purposes of measuring and identifying the highest value reliability and cost improvement opportunities. QUALIFICATIONS
* BS in electrical engineering and at least 5 years of experience in an industrial environment with at least 3 years maintenance experience. Process industry strongly preferred.
* Minimum of 2 years experience with PLCs HMIs, AC/DC drives and motors, low and medium power distribution, substations and power distribution equipment (transformers, circuit breakers, cables, etc.)
* Must have a solid understanding of production processes, electrical and instrumentation (E&I) field applications and basic understanding of mechanical engineering practices
* Excellent knowledge of OSHA NEC and National Electrical Safety Code standards
* Experienced with CMMS and work order systems.
* Six Sigma experience a plus
* PE is a plus
* Must have the legal right to work indefinitely in the United States or be a Canadian or Mexican citizen.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: