Job #: 28381
Title: Facilities Project Coordinator
Job Location: Cadillac, Michigan - United States
Salary: $70,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Bonus up to 10%
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Join our growing international automotive supplier of under-the-hood products with global manufacturing including 40 manufacturing sites in 22 countries. We have high retention rates and a history of developing our people through expanding responsibilities or developing within different areas of functional responsibility. Looking for a self-starter, someone who is eager to learn, process oriented, results driven with a "go-getter" attitude. Our facility is 60+ years old and needs someone with big picture vision to update, replace and rearrange large scale equipment, fix major plumbing issues as they arise, replace boilers, and a wide variety of other projects as they become necessary. This includes finding and evaluating vendors and subcontractors, keeping internal communications open and on track, and most of all, being on the floor evaluating and keeping projects on task and on time this is not a desk job.
Will relocate, but want someone with strong ties to Northern Michigan, preferably someone who lives or has lived in the area. Its a fabulous quality of life IF a good match. Small towns, rural, beautiful summers and fall, cold snowy winters. Families must love all season outdoor activities which are abundant (snowmobiling, skiing, snow shoeing, ice fishing, boating, fishing, hunting, hiking, golfing.). Low cost of living and housing but a totally different way of life from city living, those who love it never want to leave. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Coordinates facility projects, both renovation and new construction, from the initiation stage through planning, design, construction, and implementation with internal department and all involved agencies/contractors
- Develops conceptual plans, budgets and timelines for facilities projects to support fiscal decision-making; providing cost estimates for manpower, materials, and equipment for renovation designs.
- Prepares requests for proposal and conducts all necessary meetings to facilitate hiring architectural and construction management services.
- Coordinates renovations and/or equipment installations between users and service groups, and outside agencies, ensuring procedures and materials comply with specifications
- Observes work in progress to gauge timeliness, conformance with requirements, and acceptable workmanship and adherence to budget
- BS in Architecture, Civil, Electrical, or Structural Engineering or related field and 3 years of construction/industrial equipment installation experience
- Or, 5-7 years of progressively responsible construction and/or industrial equipment installation experience with Journeyman / Millwright background
- Industrial installation experience of equipment and experience keeping large scale projects on time
- Hands-on experience in maintenance and machine repair
- Deep Knowledge of Industrial Electrical, Mechanical and Pneumatic Systems as well as Construction Standards
- Knowledge of building codes and standards of practice as well as MIOSHA Industrial Equipment Safety Requirements
- High level of success in estimating, budgeting, scheduling, and driving projects to completion on time, within budget.
- Skill with using computers, including Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, Powerpoint as well as Computer Aided Design
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: