Job #: 27354
Title: Division Logistics Manager
Job Location: Dallas, Texas - United States
Salary: $70,000.00 - $105,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Profit Sharing Program
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Major U.S. Brand - Durable/Consumer Product
- $2B Division of a $4B privately held Durable Goods Manufacturer and Distributor
- Stable, Growing global organization
- Opportunity for Growth and Advancement
Established Durable Goods Manufacturer and Distributor is seeking a professional, experienced, versatile Logistics Manager with extensive 3PL, Transportation Program Management, and Inventory Control experience.
This position will be responsible for:
- analyzing transportation needs
- developing logistics strategy
- planning, implementing, assisting with budgeting
- aligning transportation of products from the distribution center and facilities as required to ensure our customers and the company`s business needs are aligned to its goals and objectives.
- Develop and recommend for approval, freight policies relating to entire scope of our customers, as applicable, to ensure goals and objectives for customer satisfaction and business growth integration occur to ensure strategic initiatives are achieved.
- Analysis of freight plans from a strategic perspective to ensure full transparency of cost/benefit relationships to ensure the freight structures provide a win-win scenario.
- Recommend and coordinate to key stakeholders, such as traffic, inventory replenishment, warehouses, order center, and plants shipping, procedural improvements beyond specific programs to be the best overall value of service and costs.
- Work with 3rd party Freight/Audit/Pay providers on resolving any open transition issues and analysis of area for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with other Divisions regarding logistical functions that will mutually leverage our overall enterprise goals and objectives and align strategic initiatives with our customer/carrier relationships.
- Work directly with Sales and Marketing in evaluating customer logistics opportunities and requirements in the field and coordinate improvement strategies to align with overall logistics processes to achieve division growth objectives/goals.
- Maintain current knowledge of latest innovations in logistics through benchmarking, training, etc.; and recommending best practices that will provide Best in Class processes and service. Examples would be potential 3PL support for supply chain improvement opportunities to lead/support
- Inventory level analysis, dynamic safety stock, service level,
- RM master-pack/inbound frequency
- Global souring supply chain opportunities
- Assist with the finished goods inventories and DS/Warehouse costing analysis for recommending opportunities to benefit Direct Ship, Warehouse Ship, and Will Call processes for continuous growth of our Division.
- Collaborate with negotiations and implementation of carrier based initiatives with utilization of corporate resources and initiatives as applicable.
- Assist with reporting and continuous improvement activities to ensure outbound freight costs are held within the budgetary requirements and continuous improvement objectives are identified and resourced as applicable.
- Monitor and present monthly reports to reflect clear and concise performances of department goals and budgets and collaboratively work with our manufacturing locations and logistics teams on opportunities for improvement to ensure goals and objectives are met.
- Bachelors degree in appropriate field (i.e., Business, Logistics, Traffic, etc) Masters Preferred
- Experience with evaluation, selection, and leadership with 3PLs
- Minimum 3 years experience in traffic management, inventory, warehousing, or logistics
- Must have Oracle experience
- Must have top level Excel Skills
- Must have a background implementing KPI`s
- Experience in managing logistics, traffic, and warehousing in multi-plant and multi-warehouses locations desirable
- Direct experience in negotiations (i.e., freight carriers and 3PLs as applicable.
- Experience in managing a departmental operations budget
- Demonstrated ability in intra-/inter departmental coordination
- Experience in standardized audits/inventory methods and reporting processes
- Strong organizational, problem solving, resource management and time management skills
- Experience in project cost management/analysis
- Strong team building skills with excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Visionary, with energy and drive to succeed
- Demonstrate ability to work well with other in a team environment
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: