Job #: 28443
Title: Regulatory Affairs Manager - HVAC&R Manufacturer & Distributor
Job Location: Dallas, Texas - United States
Salary: $135,000.00 - $175,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 25% Incentive Comp. Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Growing Privately Held Company - Annula sales $4B
- Top Brand in their Industry!
- Well respected Brand.
- New position
- Company is growing - Just bought out a competitor
- Multi Divisions across the world
$135-175K +25% Incentive Comp. Bonus
Established, Growing, Global, HVAC&R Manufacturer and Distributor is seeking to add a experienced Manager of Regulatory Affairs to their Government Affairs Team.
This position is responsible for regulations affecting HVAC&R products. HVAC&R products will primarily consist of air conditioning, space heating, refrigeration, and components and controls used therein, as well as track codes and standards activities.
This position will also work closely with the Manager, Government Affairs & Public Policy on tracking legislation and NGO activities for air products, and advises on challenges and opportunities for supporting the Companys interests with State government regulatory and policymaking bodies, as well as private sector stakeholders. These include, but are not limited to, those industry organizations that affect the efficiency and safety of air products, voluntary programs such as Energy Star, utility rebates and incentives, and air quality and sustainability matters.
The employee will also collect, compile, evaluate competitive and scientific data, and conduct SWOT analyses on regulatory actions.
- Responsible for global refrigerant policy, especially tracking Kigali Amendment actions by country for both finished goods and components.
- Develops, maintains, and communicates domestic and international regulatory activities and requirements for HVAC&R products
- Tracks State government activites affecting products as it pertains to HVAC&R products
- Tracks and participates in Codes and Standards activities relevant to the company`s products
- Participates in product planning with regard to relevant communications and implementation of regulatory requirements for HVAC&R products
- Provides Management and Product with regulatory input as part of product development planning and requirements for compliance
- Manages the Company`s data and compliance inputs on NOx issues, building codes, and State legislation affecting HVAC&R products
- Assists in coordination and preparation of regulatory submissions and strategies
- Gathers data and is responsible for EPA greenhouse gas reporting
- Analyzes and makes recommendations to address Company priorities through regulatory channels
- Participates and represents the Company on relevant industry/trade association and at government regulatory meetings
- Responsible for Energy Star and other voluntary specifications, such as ANSI standards, and includes drafting and submitting the Company comments on proposed specifications
- Contributes to projects that may include developing entries for national, State, and local awards, including ENERGY STAR Partner, AHR Innovation Award, Contracting Business Dealer Design Awards, Green Build, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President, Government Affairs
- Bachelors degree from an accredited 4-year college or university (Engineering Degree Preferred)
- Six (6) or more years of experience in manufacturing or product management environment (Refrigerant Industry)
- Three (3) years of related experience (i.e., government regulatory agency or legislative office or engineering)
- Knowledge of government relations, manufacturing and product development functions
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical, reasoning, and negotiation skills
- Strong project management, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, and financial reports
- Ability to travel (1-2 weeks/month)
- Bachelors degree in technical or policy field
- Service in a government agency or legislative office, or in employment in corporate office of a regulated entity with responsibility for interaction with government officials regarding company positions.
- Experience working for a manufacturer
- Experience working on regulatory matters
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: