Job #: 28497
Title: Director of Software Engineering
Job Location: Dulles, Virginia - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: 20% MBO
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great place to work, very low employee turnover. Financially successful so bonus paid every year. Growing internally and through strategic acquisitions which provides career progression opportunites. This is a high visibility position responsible for engineering the company`s core product so you can really make a difference. JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is a medium sized enterprise application software company located in Dulles. They provide SaaS & Cloud hosted systems to enable US DOD, Intel & Federal Civilian Government agencies to facilitate the contracting process and are the established leader in this market segment. As such they can offer financial stability, professional development and long term career opportunity.
They seek a Director of Software Engineering who will lead and manage a 40 member department of software developers working closely with business analysts, release managers, and business owners to ensure the delivery of robust quality software.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES QUALIFICATIONS
* Lead software engineering teams in an agile environment utilizing a modern CI/CD software development pipeline to deliver large, complex software development projects that require parallel work streams.
* Projects include new product development, legacy migrations and custom engineering enhancements with responsibility for product release schedules, quality and financial performance.
* Guide and mentor team on Microservices and other modern software techniques, as well as facilitate interaction with other software development teams within the engineering organization.
* Visit and interact with key customers to present technical roadmaps and help sales activities when needed.
* Partner with technology support teams to ensure that applications are high quality and highly available.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Computer Science degree or close equivalent.
* Strong engineering and technology background with ability to go deep into the technology with code reviews, design, and architectural patterns/anti-patterns.
* Know good code and bad code when you see it and how it should be done.
* Must be able to establish and maintain credibility with highly technical engineers with an ability to recognize and recruit top engineers.
* Must have an eye for new, useful technologies, while cognizant of appropriate level of risks.
* Some experience migrating legacy tech stacks.
* Experience with Team City and Octopus is highly desirable
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: