Job #: 28803
Title: Strategic Account Manager - Chemical Sales
Job Location: Atlanta, Georgia - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: OTE shown in "salary"
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
- Expect a generous base salary (no need to build up commissions to stay whole financially) plus sales bonus plus all of the expected employee benefits such as paid vacation, 401k with matching, medical and other insurances.
- The company is structured to support your Business Development efforts including Product Development support for increased sales to existing accounts. There are many long term employees in this group due to a high rate of success!
- Very good market diversity for job stability: Chemical Products are sold into various industrial segments such that when one industry is in decline, they adapt and focus on growth in a different segment.
Strategic Account Manager Chemical Sales
Work from your home based office near a Major Airport.
Best in the South East USA (AL, GA, FL, NC, SC, TN, VA) but also possibly other airports (i.e. KY, TX, LA, PA, NY, IL, OH, IN)
As Strategic Account Manager youll focus on increasing market share of a Specialty Chemical product lines as assigned. You`ll work from a home office, travel about 50%, and report to a Sales Director who does not believe in micro-management but rather has a team-focus on delivering value driven customer solutions. She will assist in coordination with other company resources (i.e. technical specialists, business unit managers etc). Our client is an established, US based, manufacturer of specialty chemicals and ingredients providing chemical intermediates, modifiers used in plastics, concrete, and asphalt blending, surfactants, cleaning chemical, food and personal care application. (But, others on the team will handle the foods and personal care accounts.)
You`ll have blended responsible for delivering new accounts as well as developing new business at existing customers.
- New Business Development: Increase sales activity at existing accounts with a focus on increasing activity at your top accounts.
- New Account Development: Bring in new accounts from mining, oil fields, chemicals, and related industries. (But, not food or personal care products which is the focus of a different group.)
- Keep current with daily CRM updates, monthly safety audits, proper recordkeeping, visit reports, technical service requests, sample requests, submission of expense reports, customer correspondence, monthly price sheets, and other clerical duties.
- Provide updated forecasts from customers on a consistent cyclical basis.
- Be the customer point of contact providing technical support. Coordinate with colleagues tapping in to their expertise - Technical Service Specialists, Marketing, and Management teams.
- Track Accounts Receivables as well and ensuring that customers are paying according to terms
- Scheduling sales calls and appropriately related entertainment
- Arranging your travel; anticipate 50% travel, mostly domestic.
- Keeping current with industry developments, market condition information and technical developments, by reading trade publications and sharing knowledge gained from field exposure and customer visits.
- Supporting the sales training needs for this new position
We are seeking a dynamic collaborative seller with a passion for "hunting" and the ability to foster long-lasting business relationships. Candidates who are ambitious, assertive and tenacious, with relentless focus on their customer, will flourish in this role.
- BS degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent is best
- 5+ years of relevant technical B2B sales experience selling chemical products
- Best if lubricants, fatty acids, glycerin, oleochmeicals, adhesives into industrial sites
- Calls on industrial sites like chemical plants, mining, oil drilling not only food or personal care blending
- A history that includes market analysis and sales forecasting.
- Well-versed in using laptop computers for management of your sales territory, internal/external communication, as a tool for sales analysis, and for visual aids on sales presentations
- Prior use of CRM system is required.
- Must have a US drivers license and be authorized to work for any employer in the USA without restrictions.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: