Job #: 30086
Title: Electrical Engineer
Job Location: Akron, Ohio - United States
Salary: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
This is an established firm, been in business over 50 years with a solid reputation. Employees really care about each other and the clients. Smaller organization so this candidate will gain experience in a lot of different areas. I`ve been working with this firm for a few years now. JOB DESCRIPTION
Niche engineering firm located in downtown Akron, has an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer. Work on special projects. Help clients solve problems and create solutions by applying your expertise. Small firm offers opportunity to work on all sorts of projects. Great family oriented environment.
- Engineering calculations and plan development
- Lead other designers and engineers on a project team.
- Have effective communication with project team members, other departments, suppliers and clients
- Collect and prepare data/information and performs detailed engineering calculations
- Specify power system equipment, switchgear, unit substations, motor control centers, drive systems, grounding systems, and lighting systems
- Create electrical load studies, control schematics, and electrical engineering details
- Utilizes computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Assists in field work by directing and coordinating operation, checking installations, problem solving, maintenance and repair of equipment and systems
- Serve as a Project Lead for single discipline projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staff recommendations, and checking drawings
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET Accredited University is required, PE preferred
- Field experience working directly with clients.
- Ten (10) or more years working in one or more of the following service areas: Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Polymers, Utility, Energy, and Manufacturing
- Knowledgeable in protective relaying and short circuit studies, lighting systems, power systems equipment specifications, NFPA 30, NEC or NFPA 70, applicable building codes, arc flash, hazardous area classifications for process industries, and wiring practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), Revit, and AutoCAD (3D preferred), EasyPower or similar modeling software.
- Experience with P & IDs, PFDs, loop diagrams, installation details, conduit and cable schedules
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: