Job #: 42009
Title: CAD Designer - Automotive Plastic Exterior Trim - CATIA
Job Location: Troy, Michigan - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: $80,000.00 - $125,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? [None Listed] JOB DESCRIPTION
Our client is a World Class Tier I automotive supplier that has corporate and design operations located in the Troy, MI area that has an immediate need to fill positions of CAD Designers as result of growth. This company is a multi billion dollar company with over 20,000 employees globally. The successful candidate will have at least 5 years HANDS ON experience working as CAD Designer or similar within the Tier I automotive plastic exterior trim environment using CATIA.
We`re in the process of filling a CAD Design / CAD Design Engineering position for a large Tier I Automotive supplier of plastic exterior trim. This position requires specific CAD design experience working with automotive plastic parts. Priority will be given to candidates with specific recent CATIA V5 and plastic exterior trim, CAD design experience. CATIA experience is required. NX software experience would be a plus. Salary is open depending on experience. 5 to 15 years experience experience required.
Candidates must have worked with CATIA V5 in this type function within the past 3 years.
Candidates` background must be mainly automotive plastic exterior trim CAD design. QUALIFICATIONS
Make your mark early
We`re developing our people, the heart of Our Client. Their passions and values built the foundation upon which we continue to grow. They drive us to take action and create value for customers, stakeholders, and society.
We embrace individual entrepreneurship and strive to deliver superior solutions to our customers and consumers. We have strong roots and a clear vision for the future. Join us, find your place with Our Client. In all we do, we go Beyond the finish.
We are searching for a CAD Designer professional with a passion for driving continuous improvement in process efficiency and effectiveness.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and knowledge sought below but, of equal importance, he or she will be self motivated, possess a positive attitude, and be a creative thinker. This is a hands-on position that will work across the organization in a competitive atmosphere. Working effectively with cross-functional teams is crucial for success.
- Design new products and modify the existing ones (mainly made by plastic like front grilles, BSM, Rear Spoilers, TGH, etc) using computer-aided design software (CATIA V5/V6 and NX)
- Give support to the engineering team to ensure product quality fulfilling the Customer and Internal specifications in the timing defined.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have CATIA V5 Experience during the past 3 years. Must be proficient in Catia V5.
- Should have experience working as CAD Designer or similar of plastic exterior trim.
- The experience designing the plastic parts from scratch is very important. Using the A-surface to create all the B-side interface. Interaction with customer and other capabilities to find the best design for manufacturing.
- 5 year in automotive sector, more than 3 year design plastic parts.
- Proficient in Catia V5, GSD, Assembly Design and parametric Solid Part Modeling a must.
- Proficient at creating complex parts and assemblies.
- As Our Client is using Teamcenter (Siemens) to control the CAD revisions, the knowledge using that system is a plus.
- Understanding of GD&T and locator schemes
- Understanding of design requirements and practices for plastic injection molding to ensure tooling and manufacturability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to deal effectively with all levels of management
- Class A surface development experience is a plus.
- Knowledge in OEMs PLM data exchange systems is a plus.
- UG/NX experience a plus.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point is a plus
- Ability to use experience and judgment to plan and accomplish the goals of the business units, plant, and corporation
- Experience in the design of automotive Exterior trim components is a major plus.
Will consider REMOTE candidates within the same time zone but highly prefer those candidates that can work at the office. Our time zone is Eastern.
How to Apply: