Job #: 41954
Title: Senior Laser Scientist/System Engineer
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Equity
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Great opportunity to be a key contributor in developing a new disruptive technology in 3-D optical printing systems based on high-power lasers. Early equity included! JOB DESCRIPTION
We are in immediate need of a talented and self-motivated laser scientist/engineer. The ideal candidate demonstrates expert analytical and hands-on experience in high power laser system technologies including, but not limited to: high power diode laser systems, diode pumped solid state laser sources and amplifiers, optical and mechanical design for high power systems for commercial productions, beam folding, optical damage considerations, thermal management, stable and reliable mounting schemes, physical optics, and optical alignment/troubleshooting.
- Engineer large, complex optical systems for robust, reliable commercial production.
- Specify, design, install, and align high power laser oscillator/amplifier systems and high-power imaging systems.
- Test and troubleshoot complex optical systems.
- Safely work on or around high energy / high average power lasers and systems
- Have a knowledge of clean room protocol
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Travel up to 15%
- 10+ Years of experience in related fields designing and prototyping high power laser systems.
- Strong background in optical engineering and optical systems using high power lasers.
- Practical experience installing and aligning optical systems.
- Experience with simulation tools such as Matlab (physics), Zemax (optics), and Solidworks (mechanics)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with a variety of optical materials.
- Experience with optical coating design and manufacturing.
- D. in Physics, Optical Engineering or other related fields.
- Must be open to relocation to MA in order to qualify for this position.
- Relocation package is negotiable.
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: