Job #: 44499
Title: Cost Accounant
Job Location: Riverside, California - United States
Remote Job: Unknown
Salary: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Growing Company! JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for the day-to-day financial operations of the Companys manufacturing location in Phoenix, AZ. Ensures financial activities are in line with goals and objectives of Corporate Finance, in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles. Acts as liaison between the plant management and corporate finance team, providing financial advice, support and direction in accordance with division strategy and direction. Ability to support regional plant locations in the Companys Outdoor Living business line as needed.
- Responsible for the day-to-day plant accounting activity, developing and implementing solutions to daily accounting and transactional processes where procedures may not be well defined. Maintains the plants financial reporting systems and analyzes variances to plan, forecast and prior year periods; prepares month-end accruals, deferrals and other journal entries as necessary to ensure accuracy and completeness of management reporting.
- Ensure cycle counting program is adhered to and coordinate annual physical inventory procedures.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the standard costs starting with the bill of materials and item costs.
- Develop accurate labor routings, labor rates, as well as overhead assignments.
- Reports variances to set standards in a manner that supervisors and managers can understand and takes corrective action. Accountable for the performance of the plant, explaining all production variances on a monthly basis as well as participating in the proactive measures to reduce variances from standard cost.
- Maintain financial records in accordance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles.
- Responsible for accurate accounting classification of all expenditures, including cash flow, manufacturing cost, and capital spend and for the preparation, maintenance, timely and accurate reporting of all plant financial reports, related and supporting detail or sub-ledger files and reports in accordance with Division policies, practices and timelines.
- Applies critical thinking skill, financial modeling and other best practices to determine best financial approach, to meets productivity and financial goals while maintaining budget controls.
- Develop and maintain reporting systems to analyze variances to plan, forecast and prior year periods. Work directly with plant management preparing annual budgets and reports that summarize and forecast plant business activity and financial position.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or a related discipline.
- Beginning course work towards CPA, CMA, or other comparable certification preferred.
- 3-4+ years of job specific work experience required.
- In-depth understanding of GAAP, financial accounting principles and practices, specifically as they apply to costing, capital expenditure, budgeting and internal reporting.
- In-depth knowledge of finance control, processes, and systems, as well as cost estimation and control, and budget management.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating or leading projects to include organizing, planning, and executing through implementation, with stakeholders throughout the business.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: