Job #: 5407
Title: Occupational Therapist
Job Location: Hornell, New York - United States
Salary: $65,000.00 - $80,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Direct Position: Occupational Therapist
Location: Hornell, NY
Great opportunity for an Occupational Therapist at a Skilled Nursing Facility in Hornell, NY.
Located approximately one hour from Rochester, just west of the beautiful Finger Lakes region.
Full time - Direct hire - With Full Benefits
Mon-Fri - Days JOB DESCRIPTION
- Occupational Therapist will assist with ensuring the health and well-being of residents by providing comprehensive and quality therapy services.
- This position is responsible for administering skilled occupational therapy treatments, ensuring that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times.
- This position assumes the responsibilities of the Director of Occupational Therapy during absences as assigned.
- Reports to the Director of Occupational Therapy
- Assess/screen patient`s daily living/work-related skills and develop therapeutic retraining programs with measurable objectives.
- Administer and interpret diagnostic and prognostic tests of function to patients in their homes or other settings to assist the physician in evaluating the patient`s level of function
- Confer with the patient`s physician and other health care team members and participate in development/revision of the Plan of Care Treatment
- Provide therapeutic treatment and instruction to patients in accordance with physician orders to improve/restore strength, coordination, range-of-motion and function or teach compensation measures
- Review/expand the retraining programs in a manner consistent with the behavioral goals of each patient and within the guidelines of the rehabilitation program as a whole
- Consult with other vocational team members, as appropriate, to develop and implement vocationally oriented plans consistent with the needs and capabilities of patients
- Report patient status and progress to the physician, rehabilitation staff, manager, patient and family members
- Participate in care coordination and discharge planning activities and act as a resource to other health care personnel in meeting patient`s needs
- Design community reintegration activities to assist the client in the physical reconditioning effort, and/or the psychological adjustment and coordinate the plan with members of the interdisciplinary team
- Recommend and/or design special adaptive equipment for clients to improve residence or working environments or improve their participation in the rehabilitation program and/or community
- Design/train staff and family members to carry out the retraining program including dressing, feeding, grooming and hygiene skills, participate in team and family educational meetings
- Coordinate/oversee/supervise/instruct and evaluates Occupational Therapy Assistant performance in implementing occupational therapy services
- Accurately and thoroughly document patients` care observations, interventions and evaluation on the day services are rendered.
- Ensure that interim (verbal) orders received from the physician are accurately documented and implemented.
- Submit evaluation, treatment plans and discharge summary to the supervisor and care management staff
NEW GRADS WELCOME
- Graduation from an approved school of occupational therapy required.
- New York State license to practice occupational therapy required.
- Interest in occupational therapy treatment programs for the geriatric and subacute populations utilizing a team approach.
- Ability to direct others necessary.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing required.
- Sense of responsibility and ability to work well with residents, families, and other staff members required.
- Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with others required.
- Ability to work with geriatric and chronically ill residents, as well as other professionals in a friendly and helpful manner necessary.
University - Master`s Degree
How to Apply: